Bad
Good

Posted May 22, 2015
Principal is great, no big complaints with the teachers. My big problem is with the students, if your not originally from this city your not accepted. Most parents grew up in this city and their kids treat your kid like an outsider when or if they find that out. Everyone seems to be related to each other somehow and in turn makes this school VERY KLICKY., Wouldn't recommend this sschool.

Woodrow Wilson School 4

Posted June 30, 2014
I was nervous about sending my son to middle school, who has autism, but I have been wonderfully surprised. The teachers have been awesome to my child and they love him!! I absolutely love this school and the administration! They are hard working and actually care about the students. For those that have posted negative comments, I recommend that you GET INVOLVED!! There are plenty of ways to do so. Great job this year Mr. K & Mr. J.!!

Woodrow Wilson School 5

Posted April 29, 2014
We are new the area and I have one child that attends this school. I have no complaints, my daughter says everyone has been very kind to her, both students and staff. I wonder if all the negative comments are from students and parents with diciplanry problems because I dont see the complaints as valid!

Posted April 17, 2014
I do not approve of the way this school is run. Lets start with the mentor program. All that they are doing in that waste of time plan is letting children who don't do good in school out of their classes early, and making some kids who actually do well also leave class, and I don't see the benefit of that. Now for the music teacher. My god, Kane is lucky I like music, because I hate her. We did absolutely nothing in her class other than warm up our voices, and occasionally dance, and do random activities that arent helping us towards the concerts. They dont even try to start teaching us the songs we need to learn until a week before the performance. And even then, we're also learning choreography, and she expected us to know all of it when we went over it twice. Plus, she has never made an effort to actually know any of her students. I know that's not exactly a teacher's job, but it hurts when she's pointing out and complimenting every other student in the class, except you. Her daughter is nice though, Johnson or however it's spelled. Shes funny, and get this, SHE KNOWS MY NAME.

Woodrow Wilson School 1

Posted March 26, 2014
Lousy school. Poor administration and a lot of police activity on a regular basis. This school is over ran with out of district misbehaved children who have taken over. The staff and administrators are so busy disciplining there is no time for teaching and definitely no time for learning anything positive!!!!!

Woodrow Wilson School 1

Posted January 06, 2014
HORRIBLE SCHOOL... They worry about every other little thing like dress codes instead of grades. Some teachers are great but then there's teachers like Mrs. Barton who would rather stalk kids on social media websites to get them in trouble for the littlest things instead of doing her job. Also the principal are really bad they over exaggerate everything and get you the worst punishment you could possibly get. This school sucks I recommend you don't go here.

Posted September 11, 2013
I am rating this school low due to the organization of pick up and drop off. the times were changed for the 2013 year by 10 minutes which is still not enough time. There is an elementary school across the street and the parents start lining up to pick up their kids about a half hour. so in order to pick up middle school kids you will want to be there 2 hours in advance. Wyandotte does not have a bussing system so all the parents pick up. There is utter chaos during pick up and drop off. I have seen a bus side swipe a car and drive right away, granted the car was parked illegally. There is usually no parking for at least a 3 block radius around the school.

Posted October 12, 2010
Very caring staff. GREAT Special Ed program

Posted April 17, 2010
Excellent teachers who go WAY above and beyond to teach each child in the best way that child learns. Support staff who support and advocate tirelessly. We don't have alot of money here in Wyandotte - but we have alot of excellence.

Posted April 17, 2010
It is a safe learning environment whose teachers genuinely care about the well being and education of their students.

1275 15th Street, Wyandotte, MI  48192
Last modified Woodrow Wilson School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.