Bad
Good

Valley View Elementary School 2

Posted May 23, 2013
I have worked as a substitute teacher at this school over the past year. The students are fine, but even though I've never had an issue at this school as far as my work or student behavior was concerned, I've been treated in a dismissive, unfriendly and rude manner by the assistant principal at this site. I am on leave from another district this year while I attend graduate school in a related field. I chose to sub at this site because I have an ESL, Bilingual (Span/Eng), and Elem license) and this site has a lot of ESL and Spanish-speaking students. I have almost 20 years of experience in urban settings. You'd think this site, which has many absence posting, would appreciate the experience and expertise, but instead I've encountered a very unwelcoming and unsupportive environment, especially apparent in the behavior of the AP. Most of the teachers here are beginning teachers, white, suburban Minnesota and most I've observed (with the exception of the awesome specialists) are very average able to teach only canned Everyday Math/Making Meaning curriculum. .not the people you want to hire to close an achievement gap. Note to AP: Guest teachers are stakeholders.

Valley View Elementary School

Posted September 04, 2004
My son went to Valley View for his kindergarten year. I believe it to be an excellent school. They worked with him on some speech problems. He was learning to read the first half of the year. They attended art, music, gym and a computer class each once a week. Kindergarten was held all day which i believe to be more beneficial than half days. His teacher was also great. Taught morals and respect in the class. Weekly sheets were sent home letting parents know exactly what they were learning. The school was full of different races of children which I believe to be important for children to grow up around. I would have kept him in the same school but we moved out of state, only wishing I could find a comparable school in our new town.

Valley View Elementary School
351 East 88th St, Bloomington, MN  55420
Last modified Valley View Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.