PK-K|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

I really wanted to like American Montessori (Burnsville location) but unfortunately it fell far below my expectations. Sandy, the director, shared that there was an open house on Sunday that we could attend. I arrived on Sunday and the facility was closed,no one showed. This was my first red flag. Sandy returned an email and offered a personal tour. The facility itself is adequate. The outdoors area is unimpressive, run down with concrete grounds, lack of grass, and small. The upstairs is for the older kids and the downstairs is for toddlers. Sandy allowed my son to start his first daycare experience there slowly starting 1x/wk for 3 hrs at affordable price. The teacher in the downstairs is not montessori certified. She was the only teacher on for the entire group of toddlers every time I dropped my son off. For the flexibility in hours and price we really wanted this to work. Our first date I dropped off my son no one knew who I was. Sandy was never present,in fact, I never saw her again after my first interaction. That first day I still wonder if the teacher even knew my son's name. 3 hrs later my husband picked my son up. The toddlers were watching a movie. I reviewed the daily "montessori" routine and watching movies was not on their curriculum. I emailed Sandy these concerns. She apologized for not alerting her staff about my son. From there it was about the same. There is a very small gated area that my son was often put in. He would come home hungry/thirsty. There are multiple times the toddlers were watching TV at pick up, hardly montessori curriculum. The moment we decided to stop going was when my mom picked up my son once. She was appalled that no one IDed her or even addressed her! My son said bye to the teacher but she seemed distracted and ready to go home. Then she left with my son with No questions from the facI filled out the forms to have her pick up my son. This was a big red flag. After about a month and a half we stopped going even though I had paid for an additional month. The most alarming of all is that when we stopped going no one has tried to contact me saying that they haven't seen my son or I, or even followed up with my family. It's been 3 weeks and I have heard nothing. This shows how little they care about the children,even NOTICE we have not been attending. For toddlers, this is not considered Montessori.

Our daughter has attended American Montessori in Burnsville for 2 1/2 years since the age of 3 years old. We cannot say enough good things about the teachers and staff at this school. She has grown into a respectful, fun loving and smart little girl during her years at American Montessori. The teachers at this school know doubt had a great impact on her learning, development and success. We are sad to see her leave this school but know she is prepared to enter Elementary School as a first grade student. We have great appreciation for the staff and teachers for their hard work and dedication!

This is a great school. My 4 yr old loves attending, she has learned so much from the teachers. It is a wonderful place for any child to attend. I would reccommend this school to anyone.

American Montessori is a great school. My child attends there and loves it, the teachers know and care so much for the kids. It is great to see the loving kindness that they show to the children. It is very affordable and she has learned so much, she will be starting preschool there on 8/31. We are excited for this year and what American Montessori will bring out in our daughter. I'm not sure who the person below is talking about, but the downstairs teachers are wonderful, caring people. According to staff I talked to, they are working on the "recess" area to modify and enhance it. Definately would reccommend this school to any parent looking for a wonderful and safe environment for thier child.

American Montessori is definately a true Montessori school. Maria Montessori would be proud of this school, the affection and care shown by all the teachers, the knowledge that these children have is incredilble. My child is now in Pre-K and moved up from downstairs, he knows so much and his attitude towards school is awesome, he loves going there everyday. The preschool and toddler teachers taught him so much and the love they showed has helped his confidence. In regards to the persons earlier post about the downstairs teachers and the play area, i have a few comments. While it may not be the most pristine area, at least the children are in a safe area. I also heard that they were planning some upgrades in the near future to address that area. My son had a wonderful time with the teachers downstairs, and he looks forward to going to the upstairs rooms now. I always got answers from the staff when i asked about my son and his progress. The parent's response below almost sounds like a competitor making bad remarks, just to try and bring down the school. I would highly reccommend this wonderful Montessori school to anyone. Feel free to email me with questions you may have. John

I am very impressed with American Montessori. This school has been a wonderful stepping stone in our daughters life. She started there when she was 2 years old in the toddler room, Miss Angie did a wondeful job taking care of her and teaching her. As she progressed into preschool, Miss Theresa stepped in and continued the love and teaching. I was so impressed with how much she had learned by the time she was ready to move upstairs, she knew so much. She continued to blossom into a fine young lady and continued to learn and trhive at AM, I was so totally amazed by the depth of knowledge she had about so many things. Her reading and math skills continued to be enhanced by Miss Zulekha until she graduated last year. The experience i had here at AM was a very enjoyable one, Miss Sandy and the staff are teachers who are dedicated to the success of our children and it shows in their skills of teaching and how they care for these kids. I would hands down reccommend this Montessori to anyone who is looking for a loving, caring, and educational environement for their own children. Thank you to Miss Sandy and all the staff for all the work you do and bringing out the best in our kids.

I am not impressed with this school. I've noticed my child unhappy at home and definitely showing signs of stress when they get back. I've seen numerous times my child and other children "shushed" very strongly and rudely by one teacher for unnecessary reasons. I've also seen my child pulled up by the arm very roughly. I don't think this is a true montessori school nor do I think one of the teachers in the basement has even been trained in childcare. I'm not impressed with the "recess" area either as it's just a dirt area with some plastic toys laying around. There is no communication between the instructor and the parents. Upon asking how my child is doing, I get "fine". My child will be going somewhere else, with actual qualifications and teachers who encourage a montessori learning environment.

American Montessori is a terrific school for your child to learn and to feel loved and welcomed. The teachers are very kind, loving and caring and do a wonderful job teaching the children. Our son has been attending there since last summer and is going into the pre-k class upstairs. He is excited that he gets to learn what the other kids know. It has been a wonderful experience for our family.

Our child attended American Montessori last fall and it was a great experience. She learned so much from the teachers downstairs, I was sad when we had to leave due to us moving. I would highly reccommend this school to anyone who is looking for a loving, caring and knowledgable staff to care for thier child. Definately a great school

American Montessori is a wonderful school, my son is attending downstairs now and we have seen no issues with the teachers. They are loving, kind very qualified and knowledgable and have taught him how to start reading small words. I would reccomend this school as a great place to prepare your child for 1st grade and beyond.

Last modified American Montessori Inc (The) is a Private school that serves grades PK-K