Black Hawk Middle School 1

Posted November 22, 2014
There is something very wrong with the structure of this school. The vice principle is difficult to communicate with. It is nearly impossible to speak directly with a teacher. There is no push for A students to be placed in AP classes. This school does not have the student's best interests at heart.

Posted March 07, 2014
We open enrolled from another district this year into Black Hawk and we are so glad we did. The teachers are caring and openly communicate and address concerns. The teaching is fantastic and they really seem to have a grip on methods that prove successful for kids of this age. The only complaint I have is I wish there were more after-school activities offered.

Black Hawk Middle School 2

Posted February 05, 2014
Most of the kids don't want to go to school in the first place, but we have to give them a motivation to come. After all America is the one that will strive from their success. The discontinuation of Panther time activities such as soccer,flag football and kickball has created an unsuccessful learning environment. Without such activities we are depriving the children of America, a healthy lifestyle, social interaction and the motivation to continue the energy to continue the rest of the day. Michelle Obama has fought for a healthy America and I clearly demonstrated the importance of staying active. Why do we still drown our own country with such bad beliefs?

Posted October 22, 2013
I chose to move back to district and purposely chose a house in the enrollment area in order to send my kids to this school. Our second child is now attending and we are very happy with BHMS. There seems to be a good amount of parent involvement and the teachers are extremely engaged. Weekly I get emails from them. They seem genuinely invested in their students. The school seems to be doing a great job of transitioning from elementary to HS as well, with just the right amount of homework, and they did a great job with orientation as well; easing the scary move from elementary to middle school. I'm glad I made the choice to move back to the area, and specifically choosing this school.

Black Hawk Middle School 1

Posted March 08, 2012
Having had one son who we pulled after the sixth grade and another one we are not sending back I would not give this school a positive recommendation. There is bullying, profane language used on a daily basis by the students, lack of accountability by the teachers and administration. There is no communication between teachers and the parents. No consideration for special needs.

Posted January 16, 2011
We moved for our children to come to Black Hawk and we don't regret our decision. 99% of the teachers are amazing. They go above and beyond to involve the children.

Black Hawk Middle School 2

Posted May 22, 2010
I think there is a disconnect and the teachers do not work closely with the parents. Many behavioral problems within the school.

Posted January 28, 2010

Black Hawk Middle School 0

Posted January 14, 2010
My son has multiple behavioral and learning special needs and this is his first year in middle school. He has had one of the best years of his school life. The teachers, administrators, nurse and special ed. professionals have been exceptional in their attempts to understand and meet his needs in a holistic manner.

Posted February 25, 2009

Black Hawk Middle School
1540 Deerwood Dr, Eagan, MN  55122
Last modified Black Hawk Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Black Hawk Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top