Eagan, MN

Burnsville Alternative High School 1

Posted October 30, 2012
This school is a joke. I know a student who goes there and she doesn't have to apply herself at all. She has 17 absences and 19 tardies already this 2012 school year and nothing has been said or done by the principal. Last year she was barely there and they still gave her hope of graduating. And on the last day of school, kids who are not seniors get the day off so they can focus on the seniors one last time to graduate. It enables children to be lazy and not accountable for themselves at all. It is a waste of tax payers money.

Burnsville Alternative High School 4

Posted December 23, 2011
Going to Cedar was an opportunity for me to find out who I was and who I wanted to be in life. I won't say that it was a bad school because there is good and bad in every school whether it is an alternative school or a traditonal school. I am happy to say that even though I graduated late, Cedar Alternative was there for me to help obtain my high school diploma to succeed to the next level. In all honesty, if it wasn't for Cedar I do not know where I would be right now. I just want to thank the staff of Cedar for the year of 2007-08 for making my last year the best year of my life. Most importantly I would like to thank Janice Porter for never giving up on me.

Posted October 28, 2008
I went to Cedar for a couple of years before I graduated in 2005. I would have to say my experience was phenomenal. The teachers were wonderful, the students were friendly and the classes were fantastic. For those that say 'Cedar is an easy school that doesn't prepare its students for college/life', I say that's an inaccurate observation. I know of many people who graduated from this school and went on to do great things. I for example, have went on straight to college where I often times outperformed my fellow students who supposedly should've been more prepared than me. I am proud to say that I'm in schedule to graduate a semester early with a bachelor's degree in Psychology from an accredited local university. I am proud to have attended Cedar Alternative Center.

Posted January 28, 2008
I was a former student of this high school and I must say it was the greatest high school experience. All the teachers and staff were willing to help all the students understand what they were learning. Very friendly staff. I would highly recommend this for any alternative school. I would even say I was taught better at Cedar Alternative then at my original high school.

Posted January 02, 2008
I went to this school for three years, and I have to say that it was great for me. The small class sizes where really nice, the teachers where always there to help. The atmosphere there is great, always light. Nothing bad ever really happens there like you might see in a big school. In the three years that I was there i only saw one fight, and that was stopped quickly by teachers. If you have troubles with schools with lots of kids, not getting enough one on one attention, etc, then you should consider going to Cedar.

Posted November 24, 2007

Posted May 08, 2007
- a former student
I don't understand why people have such a problem with Cedar. I went to this school and the teachers and the program are the reason I graduated. The environment, the small class sizes and layered curriculum were great for me and gave me the individual attention from teachers that I couldn't receive in a mainstream school due to large class sizes. The teachers respected the students and in return the students respected them, (at least my my class) and it seemed like we were all an extended family. The only thing I didn't like about this school was the lack of extra-curricular activities. I would recommend this school to anybody that asks me.

Burnsville Alternative High School 1

Posted December 21, 2005
- a former student
I think this is a horrible school to send your child to, unless you want them get out of high school the easy and lazy way. I attended this school, and was threatend, bullied to the point of physical abuse, and not one authority did a thing about it. My parents are very upset too. If I could take back going to that place I would. The work is also way too easy. The other peers get away with drugs, swearing, disrespect, weapons and more. It's the one of the worst schools I've attended. Cedar also has a very bad reputation for disrepectful teens and for poor school work that is too easy. Please do not send your child there, and make this mistake.

Burnsville Alternative High School
2140 Diffley Rd, Eagan, MN  55122
Last modified Burnsville Alternative High School is a Public school that serves grades 10-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Burnsville Alternative High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top