Frazee, MN

Frazee Secondary 5

Posted August 27, 2013
Excellent Art program (it was never dicontinued as someone else stated). They actually have an outstanding art program amoung other things. Students can take 40+ college level credits and still be at a school that is small enough to enjoy the small class sizes (25) and athletics that are supportive of all students that want to play. They offer a 'triple crown' award to encourage students to play 3 sports a year and also maintain a high grade point average: this is something that students really strive to get. My kids really enjoy science at this school too (and the Elementary), not because it's easy for them, but because there is such an awesome staff of science teachers that work together and are great with the kids. Really can't say enough good things. The district has some great people in place and they have come a long way in the past couple years!! It is a very positive place to send your child.

Frazee Secondary 3

Posted July 08, 2010
School's special ed. program is archaic in its methods...they don't use much inclusion only pull-out. Only one sp.ed. teacher does well. Also, the school is culturally inept in that people from other cultures are bullied more commonly and the kids don't learn about culture near them or others in the world much. My children's reading scores decreased when they went from elementary to high school. Some of the teachers are good but there are others with tenure that need to leave as they only sit the room and watch the kids do their assignment but don't teach. The only way to get liked in this school is if you are a good athlete or in wrestling.

Frazee Secondary 4

Posted May 08, 2007
Losing Arts Programs. Great Principal and caring teachers. Teachers and coaches care about the character of students. Opportunity for college credits and local scholarships.

Frazee Secondary 5

Posted August 26, 2004
- a former student
I'm a former student - I attended Frazee-Vergas from 2nd grade until graduation. I now appreciate the education I had received now that my children currently attend Missouri Public Schools and my husband attended all Private Catholic Schools. We have a dilemma. MN ranks in the top 10 every year for education and MO in the lower half. So private education here is like public education in MN. The only difference in funding. I have found that FHS offers the best in private education for the public education price. If you look at my graduation class you will know, because our grade had to switch from the 4.0 system to the 11.0 system otherwise we would have had too many Valedictorians for one year. That's an impressive complement to the entire school district. I would highly recommend FHS to any local person - since MN students have a choice.

Frazee Secondary
305 North Lake St, Frazee, MN  56544
Last modified Frazee Secondary is a Public school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Frazee Secondary Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 4 reviews. Top