Minneapolis, MN

Posted April 28, 2014
My daughter was a new student at Kenny this year after attending a private school. She has made some really significant advances this year in her reading and writing and I attribute it directly to the curriculum and the teaching staff at Kenny. We've been so pleased with the school and the education my daughter is receiving.

Posted September 27, 2012
I have a kindergartener this year at Kenny. First Kenny wasn't my first choice but when I had been refused to my first choice school, I decided to check it out (just in case, as we were almost signed up to a private school). I love it! I am so grateful we sign up our daughter there. It is truly a commuty school. We have been there for less than a month and already know so many families. Our daughter really love to go to school and it is great that we realized that most families are from our neighborhood. Remember that when you choose a school, you not only choosing a school for you child but you are choosing your friends for the next 5/6 years!!! I can tell you already that we are delighted by our choice! Go and visit the school!!!! talk to parents...you will love it too!!!

Posted June 08, 2011
I love this school! It is a small school, which really helped my son. He had gotten lost at his previous school and fell really far behind. He came into Kenny in the second grade below average in just about everything. He left third grade above average in it all!! His teacher was right on top of him and called me whenever there was a concern and something to celebrate! The principal is always out and about walking and greeting everyone. I can't find one negative thing to say about this school!

Kenny Elementary School

Posted September 30, 2009
Caring teachers, highly involved parents. Great small school atmosphere where everyone knows each kid and family. Test scores went up last year! Have sent all 3 of my children here and they all loved this school!

Posted February 02, 2008
I have two children at Kenny. The staff are amazing! Because it is a smaller school, the class sizes a smaller. There are always TA's and assistants to help teachers out. We are so lucky to be here!

Posted December 26, 2007
My daughter is in Kindergarten @ Kenny and I couldn't be happier with the experience so far. She is eager to get there and reluctant to leave. Every interaction that I've had with the staff has been wonderful. The ecological/environmental focus is a great bonus!

Posted June 08, 2007
This school is wonderful! My three children thrive! We have been at three different schools & this is definitely the best one! The teachers are great & make learning fun & exciting.

Posted May 12, 2007
This is just the best school. Our son is in kindergarten and he is thriving. I have regular interactions with his teachers who keep us in the loop on how he is doing and what is going on in the classroom. Plus the school community is wonderful. The parents and teachers are very involved, and there are lots of family events. Kenny also has the most beautiful campus of any school I have seen. The gardens are amazing and provide students with an opportunity to interact with the natural world and get a hands on education. If you like a small school with high academic standards and a caring, welcoming environment I could not recommend this school more!

Posted December 08, 2006
I have a daughter attending Kindergarten at Kenny. We love Kenny! The teachers at Kenny are passionate about their work, the school and getting involved with the parents and the students at many levels. Kenny school is small -just the perfect size and has a warm, caring, and forward thinking environment. As the saying goes...'Great things come in small packages' - that is our Kenny Elementary Community School! -Angela Amundson

Posted November 29, 2004
We have two children in Kenny Community School. The small school has been an excellent environment for our children to learn and build close relationships. Parent involvement / volunteerism is high. We've had great relationships with each teacher through the years. Schedule a tour with the office find out what makes Kenny special.

Kenny Elementary School
5720 Emerson Ave South, Minneapolis, MN  55419
Last modified Kenny Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Kenny Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top