Public charter
Minneapolis, MN

Posted September 08, 2014
I thing is geat school I have my daughter in PK. She has homework everyday that makes me feel truthful.

Posted May 01, 2014
This is a great place to learn! After all the changes, Aurora is moving to a better future. Staff are very committed and students feel safe! The new leadership approach allow all staff to be part of the critical decisions therefore I'm really glad my son is going to this school! Thanks Aurora staff to give your best!

Posted February 23, 2014
This school is full of young and disrespectful people who take advantage for their own personal gain. I am glad my child does not attend this school. The school is sterile now and does not have a cultural feel in the least.

Posted January 28, 2014
With all the recent changes at the school I am now a valued employee. I can speak and give my ideas instead of being shut down or told that I was being negative. I teach for the love of students and am educated to do so. Companies need to value the employees especially at a company that is funded by the government and not a private business. Things are great, I heard this from many of my Co-workers.Everyone has a smile and this promotes good business. We are not leaving, education is the key to success. I highly recommend this school!

Posted August 30, 2013
I wouldn't recommend this to school to anyone. This school is not professional at all. The director of the school only cares about her family that works there and pays them a great amount of money even if they don't do their job. She lets her grandchildren do as they please while she harshly punishes other students if they misbehave. The director doesn't worry about the other students instead she makes sure that her three grandchildren are pleased. She has fired many employees and even has gone into classrooms to yell at teachers in front of students. Please don't enroll your child here, there is too much favoritism. She will always do what' is best for her grandchildren and family and not what is best for the school. Please re-think your decision before applying to this awful one sided family school.

Posted June 27, 2013
Another great year for my child! She started in the Aurora PreK program and this year graduated the 8th grade. The program met my expectations and more. The teachers, staff and principal are all part of her success, I am a grateful parent.

Posted February 28, 2012
The review "part of Aurora school for many years" says it all. The strategy of the administration is to divide and conquer. Each parent is told that they are all treated the same, and they are the only ones who complain. No parent groups are allowed, no directory of students is given, all to make sure that parents don't try to stand up to the autocratic regime. Parents are told that there are many schools they can choose from for their children if they don't like it. "...it does not give anyone permission to speak badly about it..." This is also the position of the principal. You can speak only to her, she is dismissive and abusive, and forbids you to speak with other parents or organize a meeting with them. You are told that it's all you, and that nobody else agrees with you. Sadly, it is hard for most of the students to leave, because they have a difficult time with schools that teach in English. After 4th grade, though, most students are gone.

Posted January 24, 2012
I would not recommend working at this school. The director abuses her power and intimidates staff. She punishes unfairly; one time the alarm went off because I had not properly taped students' work to the wall. She canceled my class's field trip because of MY mistake, even after I offered to pay the fine for it. She said it was a better consequence for me. Poor kids.

Posted May 12, 2010

Aurora Charter School 4

Posted April 19, 2010
I would recommend this school to everyone. The vision of the school is first rate to all children. When the school exspanded to a middle school I was elated knowing my son could grow with the program. The hard work in keeping my son engaged to learn is amazing. I hope more schools could be like this one.

Aurora Charter School
2520 Minnehaha Ave, Minneapolis, MN  55404
Last modified Aurora Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Aurora Charter School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top