Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Not enough (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Somewhat effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Staff member (1 response)

Posted January 29, 2015
I am not sure if I want my child to go to this school. Last year, I tried calling and calling because I wanted to take a tour of the school to see if I wanted to enroll my child in Kindergarten. I left messages, no one called me back, and when I finally got a hold of them, they told me only the director could give me a tour and that someone would call me. No one did, but I dropped off an application anyways. After my child started at another school in the fall, then I got a call that there was an opening. I discussed the possibility of my child attending the following year because I didn't want to change schools after she started, and now I am having the same problem getting a hold of someone again. I leave messages and no one calls me back. I really hate that, and it is a bad sign that the communication in this school is not very good.

Posted September 08, 2014
I thing is geat school I have my daughter in PK. She has homework everyday that makes me feel truthful.

Posted May 01, 2014
This is a great place to learn! After all the changes, Aurora is moving to a better future. Staff are very committed and students feel safe! The new leadership approach allow all staff to be part of the critical decisions therefore I'm really glad my son is going to this school! Thanks Aurora staff to give your best!

Posted January 28, 2014
With all the recent changes at the school I am now a valued employee. I can speak and give my ideas instead of being shut down or told that I was being negative. I teach for the love of students and am educated to do so. Companies need to value the employees especially at a company that is funded by the government and not a private business. Things are great, I heard this from many of my Co-workers.Everyone has a smile and this promotes good business. We are not leaving, education is the key to success. I highly recommend this school!

Posted August 30, 2013
I wouldn't recommend this to school to anyone. This school is not professional at all. The director of the school only cares about her family that works there and pays them a great amount of money even if they don't do their job. She lets her grandchildren do as they please while she harshly punishes other students if they misbehave. The director doesn't worry about the other students instead she makes sure that her three grandchildren are pleased. She has fired many employees and even has gone into classrooms to yell at teachers in front of students. Please don't enroll your child here, there is too much favoritism. She will always do what' is best for her grandchildren and family and not what is best for the school. Please re-think your decision before applying to this awful one sided family school.

Posted June 27, 2013
Another great year for my child! She started in the Aurora PreK program and this year graduated the 8th grade. The program met my expectations and more. The teachers, staff and principal are all part of her success, I am a grateful parent.

Posted January 24, 2012
I would not recommend working at this school. The director abuses her power and intimidates staff. She punishes unfairly; one time the alarm went off because I had not properly taped students' work to the wall. She canceled my class's field trip because of MY mistake, even after I offered to pay the fine for it. She said it was a better consequence for me. Poor kids.

Aurora Charter School 4

Posted April 19, 2010
I would recommend this school to everyone. The vision of the school is first rate to all children. When the school exspanded to a middle school I was elated knowing my son could grow with the program. The hard work in keeping my son engaged to learn is amazing. I hope more schools could be like this one.

Aurora Charter School 4

Posted April 16, 2008
The school provides students with a well structured learning environment to develop knowledge, values, and attitudes. This school really cares about the students and parents to support learning processes according to the community needs.

Posted May 10, 2007
This is a wonderful growing school full of staff and teachers who really care about their kids. They are focused on academic performance. Although their staff is some of the best i've seen, it is the overall attitude of the students that is most impressive. The students are uniformly kind, sweet and very serious about school. The lack of extracurricular activities is only a function of the size and age of the school. Next year the school opens another building to accommodate the new junior high grades. I only have experience with the younger grades and although English is only formally taught a couple times a week, by the end of first grade the students already have a good grasp of spoken English.

Aurora Charter School
2520 Minnehaha Ave, Minneapolis, MN  55404
Last modified Aurora Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.