Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)

I have had 3 children go to this school. All 3 have had nothing but great experiences. Great staff members and always accommodating to the childrens needs. Very, very pleased. Still have 1 there. She loves it. We love it.

I have 2 children at Lakeview and am very pleased. We have been a part of the school for 5 years now and we have had a great experience. Both of my children test above grade level and above district level. The teachers have been very helpful in making sure they are still challenged. When I had issues with some behaviors one of my children was having (was having before attending lakeview), they were very supportive. They helped me get the resources I needed to help my child and the behaviors have almost completely disappeared. We love our school!

I have never seen a school with more pride in it's students and community. Lakeview teachers are inventive, passionate about teaching, and devoted to each child's success!

Great Teachers and real sense of community at Lakeview. Both my kids are testing above their grade level.

After reading some of the other reviews I thought I'd share our experiences at Lakeview. Our child is currently in the third grade and has attended since K. In that time his class size has ranged from about 21-24 students (and while I couldn't handle that many I feel it is a reasonable class size..esp when I hear from friends in other areas/states :)) Any time I have contacted the school I have received prompt responses, usually within a few hours..next morning at latest. We have always received a lot of newsletters/flyers info sheets etc. (students bring home weekly folders with info that are to be signed and returned) and also our son has brought home a lot of his work for us to see. We were (are) concerned with the test scores at Lakeview and the school ranking ...but we are involved with the school and our child's work and encourage reading/learning etc and he continues to test well above the district (state) average. The only thing I would like to see is more parent involvement... I see the same (dedicated) faces at almost every meeting and event where volunteers are needed...

This school ranks 599 out of 700 MN public elementary schools. Fewer than 40% of Lakeview students meet state reading, math or science standards. Visit the MN Department of education website for further details. I wanted to post these facts before stating my opinion... We knew that Lakeview had poor test scores and knew it wasn't one of the "best" schools in town. We chose to send our children to Lakeview, our local school, because we believe in supporting our community and that a school is really more than a number like a rank or test score. NO. NO. NO. This school is not more that its rank. It is horrible in nearly every way, though I'll concede I did feel that my child was safe while attending this school. Please explore open enrollment options for your child(ren)! First time parents may be surprised to learn that open enrollment applications need to be submitted by Jan. or Feb. Do not miss this opportunity! I see that other parents report being happy at this school and I honestly find that sad, I can't imagine any happiness at Lakeview. Schedule a tour -this school "feels" bad. Or maybe the bad feeling I still can't shake is from our poor experience. Do better for your child.

This school is terrible they have a serious bulling issue and refuse to address it. When something happens to your child the don't call To inform you. U have to call them and they ignore the issue unless something happens to one of their teachers. No one should be forced to attend this school do to it being rated a 2 when the best number being ten in the top ten robbinsdale school I tried to transfer my daughter and was told I would have to get approved and even then I would have to take too and from school myself so my only option is to move out of that district several parents in my building has removed their kids due to the Mis handling of their child N the bulling the bus drivers are also having issue with the school when they report kids bulling other kids that they keep on the bus.

Wow, I am very surprised to see such negative comments about this school. I have had children in Lakeview for 6 years, and I am very happy with the school and the teachers. If I have ever had a question/issue, I have contacted the school, and they have gotten back to me within 24 hours (usually much sooner). As far as Kindergarten, I remember that there was always a weekly newsletter sent home and posted online. I will have a student there for 3 more years, and I am very excited! The Lakeview experience gets better every year (especially now with the monthly family events)! The main issue I have seen is a district issue, not a school issue. I wish that there was more funding for gifted education at the elementary level. (Although, I am not sure if other neighboring districts are any better in that area.)

Awesome school. I have 3 students K-5 and have been there 5 years. Have had run into zero of the complaints described below in negative reviews. Any concerns we have had were addressed by teachers or principle. Reach out to them. Great teachers, aides, adventure club staff and office staff here.

My daughter was a student here for K & 1st (2010 - 2012.) I would never recommend that any family send their children to this school. There's very little communication from the school (almost none really.) The first week my daughter attended Lakeview the only piece of paper I received home in her backpack was 1 picture of an apple that she'd colored. No info about curriculum, no info about a typical day at this school, no introduction from the teacher - absolutely nothing. A picture of an apple. I was also disappointed to find that half-day kindergartners don't have music or phy-ed classes like the full-day kindergarten students receive (this is unique to District 281 - neighboring districts provide equal instruction to their students.) By January of our Kindergarten year, after much complaining, we were able to start receiving communication from the teacher - stuff like when library books were due. I didn't have as much luck with my complaints about no music or phy-ed. BUT... When I asked why the children were watching Finding Nemo at school? "The children are completing their unit on living and non-living things, so the movie was related to their unit." Best excuse ever.

Last modified Lakeview Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.