Posted February 20, 2014
After reading some of the other reviews I thought I'd share our experiences at Lakeview. Our child is currently in the third grade and has attended since K. In that time his class size has ranged from about 21-24 students (and while I couldn't handle that many I feel it is a reasonable class size..esp when I hear from friends in other areas/states :)) Any time I have contacted the school I have received prompt responses, usually within a few hours..next morning at latest. We have always received a lot of newsletters/flyers info sheets etc. (students bring home weekly folders with info that are to be signed and returned) and also our son has brought home a lot of his work for us to see. We were (are) concerned with the test scores at Lakeview and the school ranking ...but we are involved with the school and our child's work and encourage reading/learning etc and he continues to test well above the district (state) average. The only thing I would like to see is more parent involvement... I see the same (dedicated) faces at almost every meeting and event where volunteers are needed...

Posted December 16, 2013
This school ranks 599 out of 700 MN public elementary schools. Fewer than 40% of Lakeview students meet state reading, math or science standards. Visit the MN Department of education website for further details. I wanted to post these facts before stating my opinion... We knew that Lakeview had poor test scores and knew it wasn't one of the "best" schools in town. We chose to send our children to Lakeview, our local school, because we believe in supporting our community and that a school is really more than a number like a rank or test score. NO. NO. NO. This school is not more that its rank. It is horrible in nearly every way, though I'll concede I did feel that my child was safe while attending this school. Please explore open enrollment options for your child(ren)! First time parents may be surprised to learn that open enrollment applications need to be submitted by Jan. or Feb. Do not miss this opportunity! I see that other parents report being happy at this school and I honestly find that sad, I can't imagine any happiness at Lakeview. Schedule a tour -this school "feels" bad. Or maybe the bad feeling I still can't shake is from our poor experience. Do better for your child.

Posted November 15, 2013
This school is terrible they have a serious bulling issue and refuse to address it. When something happens to your child the don't call To inform you. U have to call them and they ignore the issue unless something happens to one of their teachers. No one should be forced to attend this school do to it being rated a 2 when the best number being ten in the top ten robbinsdale school I tried to transfer my daughter and was told I would have to get approved and even then I would have to take too and from school myself so my only option is to move out of that district several parents in my building has removed their kids due to the Mis handling of their child N the bulling the bus drivers are also having issue with the school when they report kids bulling other kids that they keep on the bus.

Posted October 08, 2013
Wow, I am very surprised to see such negative comments about this school. I have had children in Lakeview for 6 years, and I am very happy with the school and the teachers. If I have ever had a question/issue, I have contacted the school, and they have gotten back to me within 24 hours (usually much sooner). As far as Kindergarten, I remember that there was always a weekly newsletter sent home and posted online. I will have a student there for 3 more years, and I am very excited! The Lakeview experience gets better every year (especially now with the monthly family events)! The main issue I have seen is a district issue, not a school issue. I wish that there was more funding for gifted education at the elementary level. (Although, I am not sure if other neighboring districts are any better in that area.)

Posted September 30, 2013
Awesome school. I have 3 students K-5 and have been there 5 years. Have had run into zero of the complaints described below in negative reviews. Any concerns we have had were addressed by teachers or principle. Reach out to them. Great teachers, aides, adventure club staff and office staff here.

Posted April 11, 2013
My daughter was a student here for K & 1st (2010 - 2012.) I would never recommend that any family send their children to this school. There's very little communication from the school (almost none really.) The first week my daughter attended Lakeview the only piece of paper I received home in her backpack was 1 picture of an apple that she'd colored. No info about curriculum, no info about a typical day at this school, no introduction from the teacher - absolutely nothing. A picture of an apple. I was also disappointed to find that half-day kindergartners don't have music or phy-ed classes like the full-day kindergarten students receive (this is unique to District 281 - neighboring districts provide equal instruction to their students.) By January of our Kindergarten year, after much complaining, we were able to start receiving communication from the teacher - stuff like when library books were due. I didn't have as much luck with my complaints about no music or phy-ed. BUT... When I asked why the children were watching Finding Nemo at school? "The children are completing their unit on living and non-living things, so the movie was related to their unit." Best excuse ever.

Posted March 13, 2013
Class size is way too large. 27 children in my son's kindergarten class with one teacher and no assistants. The teachers and staff are really trying their best and are very sweet but I feel very disconnected with the school even though I constantly try to reach out and touch base with the principle and teacher. I feel like the problem is not within the actual staff but with the student body/other parents. My son (and myself) have been called various derogatory terms by another kindergartener and while the teacher was appalled, nothing was done.

Posted August 01, 2012
My son went through Kindergarten here. The class sizes are WAY too large (30+ kids), and the school puts too much emphasis on household income when determining whether a kid gets 1/2 day or full day Kindergarten. The teachers don't bother giving kids who excel additional challenges, and resort to the "take a break chair" when said kids get bored because they have finished. There is no way for the teacher to give each kid the attention they need due to class size. The reading standard is 20 sight words as opposed to the 80 found in other districts. After experiencing a year in Robbinsdale/Crystal, we will be putting our kid on the express train to private school.

Posted May 02, 2012
My daughter has been a student at Lakeview for two years. We love the IB program, creative programming such as the One School One Book project, and great teachers.

Lakeview Elementary School 2

Posted August 06, 2011
Unproffesional teachers. My child has had 2 good teachers in 4 years. This last year's teacher was very unwilling to work with simple changes to make learning easier. Very quick to judge also. We gave up and went to a charter school.

Lakeview Elementary School
4110 Lake Dr North, Robbinsdale, MN  55422
Last modified Lakeview Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lakeview Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top