6-12|Private

Bad
Good

My sons are getting a caring, Christian education at St. Croix. St. Croix is not ashamed of The Bible and not afraid to teach it as truth. This has rubbed at least one reviewer here the wrong way. If you are being objective, it takes a lot more FAITH to believe in the THEORY of evolution. In fact, one can be an atheist, and still not believe in evolution! Darwin was concerned that the thousands of intermediate stages between creatures needed to prove his theory were not in evidence, but he expected they would eventually be found. Yet those thousands of missing transitional forms are still missing! I respect that St. Croix stands on the rock of scripture even if it isn't "popular". That is a valuable lesson for young minds. TH

St. Croix offers a unique combination of small class sizes (~20 students), highly qualified teaching staff (most have Masters Degrees) and integration of students from around the world (China, Korea, Africa, Europe) as well as the region (Rochester, Menomonie). Most students are involved in some type of extra-curricular activities.

Middle School children are allowed to try out for all High School sports. This could be a great recruiting tool for Middle School kids who would like to play High School level sports before reaching high school. Disappointing when your child doesn't make the High School team because of Middle School student can have a spot.

I am a former student of St. Croix. I enjoyed many aspects of my time there, including the excellent music program and the care and diligence that many of my teachers showed for my fellow students and me. Unfortunately, my time there was negatively tainted by anti-gay bullying, even though I wasn't out of the closet at the time. School administration did nothing to stop this bullying, despite being made aware of it. I also was not the only student bullied for perceived or actual differences. Another student, who I will only describe as having some special needs, was also bullied, and worse than I was. Very little was done on his behalf by administrators and many teachers. Worse, the simple accomodations that I now know this condition required (we weren't educated about it at the time) would not have cost the school anything and would not have been more than a moment's trouble for the teachers and administration. Further, the school's science curricula is based on Young Earth Creationism and is decidedly anti-scientific. It is NOT suitable for students who wish earn college majors that require literacy of cosmological history or evolutionary biology or geologic sciences.

I'm a parent of international student, I'm very impressed about the way how St. Croix educate the student, they care everything about my child, really educate her to be a total student, I feel very comfortable to place my kid in their hands.

My children have greatly benefited from the small class sizes and close relationships with teachers. The faculty at SCLHS is very well qualified and most have advanced degrees in their field, so the classroom experience is first-rate. AP classes are available to seniors in several subjects and students are well prepared for college level work. Extracurricular activities are a huge part of my kids' lives at SCLHS--music, drama and speech have as much support here as do the many sports teams. Also, when my son struggled with a couple subjects, his teachers and advisor worked with him directly, as well as the staff of the Extended Learning Center (daily tutoring). SCLHS puts the students first!

Last modified St. Croix Lutheran High School is a Private school that serves grades 6-12