St. Croix Lutheran High School 5

Posted March 19, 2014
St. Croix offers a unique combination of small class sizes (~20 students), highly qualified teaching staff (most have Masters Degrees) and integration of students from around the world (China, Korea, Africa, Europe) as well as the region (Rochester, Menomonie). Most students are involved in some type of extra-curricular activities.

St. Croix Lutheran High School 2

Posted November 08, 2013
Middle School children are allowed to try out for all High School sports. This could be a great recruiting tool for Middle School kids who would like to play High School level sports before reaching high school. Disappointing when your child doesn't make the High School team because of Middle School student can have a spot.

St. Croix Lutheran High School 1

Posted September 24, 2013
I am a former student of St. Croix. I enjoyed many aspects of my time there, including the excellent music program and the care and diligence that many of my teachers showed for my fellow students and me. Unfortunately, my time there was negatively tainted by anti-gay bullying, even though I wasn't out of the closet at the time. School administration did nothing to stop this bullying, despite being made aware of it. I also was not the only student bullied for perceived or actual differences. Another student, who I will only describe as having some special needs, was also bullied, and worse than I was. Very little was done on his behalf by administrators and many teachers. Worse, the simple accomodations that I now know this condition required (we weren't educated about it at the time) would not have cost the school anything and would not have been more than a moment's trouble for the teachers and administration. Further, the school's science curricula is based on Young Earth Creationism and is decidedly anti-scientific. It is NOT suitable for students who wish earn college majors that require literacy of cosmological history or evolutionary biology or geologic sciences.

St. Croix Lutheran High School 0

Posted January 11, 2009
I'm a parent of international student, I'm very impressed about the way how St. Croix educate the student, they care everything about my child, really educate her to be a total student, I feel very comfortable to place my kid in their hands.

St. Croix Lutheran High School 1

Posted November 11, 2008

St. Croix Lutheran High School 5

Posted January 04, 2007
My children have greatly benefited from the small class sizes and close relationships with teachers. The faculty at SCLHS is very well qualified and most have advanced degrees in their field, so the classroom experience is first-rate. AP classes are available to seniors in several subjects and students are well prepared for college level work. Extracurricular activities are a huge part of my kids' lives at SCLHS--music, drama and speech have as much support here as do the many sports teams. Also, when my son struggled with a couple subjects, his teachers and advisor worked with him directly, as well as the staff of the Extended Learning Center (daily tutoring). SCLHS puts the students first!

St. Croix Lutheran High School
1200 Oakdale Avenue, Saint Paul, MN  55118
Last modified St. Croix Lutheran High School is a Private school that serves grades 6-12
St. Croix Lutheran High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top