St. Paul, MN

Posted April 07, 2011
Good old St. Bernard's, as a former student, I can't stress how grieved I was and still am by its closing last June, and I still say it is the only catholic high school I would send my kids to. At St. Bernard's, students were truly challenged to be Saints, Scholars, Ladies and Gentlemen. Teachers cared about their students, and weren't content with letting them slack. Fellow students were wonderful; as a freshman I was never offered a deal on an elevator pass or told about the "fourth floor pool", and by the time I was a sophomore I was able to make a name for myself, even though I didn't play any high school sports. In fact, it was during my sophomore year that I realized how much I absolutely loved it at St. Bernard's. I didn't attend the grade school there, but from what I've seen and heard it wasn't a very good place. But the high school... I hadn't even heard about it until I was in eighth grade, and I chose it over St. Agnes despite the fact that I wouldn't know anyone, and that was a decision I would make a thousand times more. I wish I could stress how good of a school St. Bernard's was, and I guess all I can say is that it was a family, and opportunities were everywhere.

Posted February 24, 2010
In the heart of the city, this school has the 'smaller home town' feel. It binds the community. Teachers know your children-the good and bad. They focus on them and their abilities, are encouraging, supportive, firm and have as high expectations for the students success as we do as parents. Looking around at other private schools-we are finding that things we take for granted at St Bernards are not available at other schools (weekly masses, retreats, etc.) Why spend all the money if they are walking out of the school with out these strong foundations? The world is tough enough as it is, Saint Bernard's give the kids a running chance to succeed in life and make a DIFFERENCE in their community. WIth two daughters in sports, theatre and strong grades, as a working parent, we couldn't be more grateful that the school is watching, encouraging and supporting them.

Posted September 28, 2009
This school provided a wonderful christian enviroment along with an excellent academic program that turned out excellent ladies, gentlemen, saints and scholars! My daughter thought it was such a great place that when she graduated from college as a teacher, she persued a job opening there and is now working there as a math teacher.

Posted September 18, 2009
Great staff that promotes the kids to get very involved in many different activities and groups.

Posted September 17, 2009
It's an inner city school that has a long history. Sadly, the elementary school had to close but the high school is still there. I hope to see it remain in the North End for a long time to come. My son went there for high school and he did very well. It's small but being small gives students many opportunities to not only excel academically but to try different activities and not be limited to just one or two. My son played sports, was in school plays, worked on the year book, a Student Ambassador. It's a great community!

Posted September 17, 2009
Our school just changed from 5 through 12 to just high school we are a small privite school, who acts like family, there is alot of great activities to get involved in and everyone does really well, and the teachers help you whenever you need it

Posted April 18, 2009

Posted February 18, 2009
The middle school has been struggleing for years. Discipline is poor, the teachers use threats rather than incentives. Lack of possitive encouragement and lots of negative comments made toward students from staff. Not a good place for a Catholic Education.

St. Bernards School