Ida Greene Lower Elementary School 4

Posted December 08, 2005
I think that IGES is the best school in the central district. I have visited many schools in the central district and none compare to IGES. They have a wonderful, caring staff. My child is in O.M. McNair middle school now, and I miss the heck out of IGES. Keep up the good work teachers, administrators, and faculty!

Ida Greene Lower Elementary School 5

Posted November 15, 2004
I recently read the what was written about Ida Greene Elementary, and I must truly say that I totally disagree. H.C.H.S. district has one of the best superintendants in the state. No she is not the best however, she is one of the Best. Joyce McNair has never not allowed anyone who was willing to work with the children, in positive way a chance not to. She encourages this type participation. For those who do not know then find out, she is working hard for the district and the children first. If you do not believe me then ask those teachers who were in danger of losing their jobs because of site visit. I believe that the facts need to be told right.

Ida Greene Lower Elementary School 2

Posted July 01, 2004
I have been very disappointed in the safety and discipline at Ida Greene. The teachers are not supported as much as they should be. The principal does not listen to them. Parent involvement is almost non-existant. There are almost no extracurricular activities- not even a playground! I have never seen teachers work so hard, but be unappreciated by administrators. The lack of communication to the staff is unacceptable. The teachers and other staff are the scapegoats for the administrations lack of leadership and organization. These may seem to be strong words, but they are very accurate. I would not have my child in this school system if there is any way possible. You would not receive a quality education.

Ida Greene Lower Elementary School