PK-3 & Ungraded
Biloxi, MS

Posted October 25, 2013
We have been at this school less than 6 months and already my son is having problems he never had at any other school. Some of the staff really cares and some are only interested in test scores and paperwork. Miss being at a school that has that warmth and caring every child needs to grow.

Posted October 25, 2010
My daughter attended SMNE from K to 3rd. She is now at the upper elementary in the district and we are not pleased at all. SMN was a great school with great teachers and admins, we really miss them!

Posted March 26, 2009
Excellent staff. Excellent school.

Posted December 17, 2007
I believe that the No Child Left Behind Act leaves all the children behind. They are required to learn only what is on the standardized tests and rarely even use the textbooks they were issued at the beginning of the year. The teachers are required to push this issue, but are still warm and caring toward the children.

Posted July 15, 2007
My son was fortunate to have attended this school for a year. Thanks to his outstanding teacher's encouragement to read, he finally developed a true love for reading, and increased four reading levels in one year! The principal's interest in, and caring for the student body is very evident. To be able to be a part of such a warm and welcoming group of people was greatly appreciated during what could have easily been one of our worst years, as we were recovering from the loss of our home in the recent hurricane. For my son to have such a great school to go to every day made a big difference in our quality of life last year!

Posted August 30, 2006
Both of my children went to SMNE. The teachers, and staff were wonderful! You could not ask for better. We were displaced by the hurricane, and my daughter still wheres her Field Day shirt, and her school uniform proudly. We will never find another school to compare.

Posted April 17, 2006
Both my children attended St. Martin North, I am fell like they recieved a great start to their education. It was a great caring atmosphere almost like a second family. Thank you St. Martin North to a job well done.

Posted March 21, 2005
I wish that less emphasis would be placed on state testing. The teachers and administration at SMN are outstanding. They are warm and caring. However, the staff is forced to place so much emphasis on state tests. My son loves SMN and I think the staff and administration go above and beyond the call of duty.

Posted February 18, 2005
My daughter is now in the third grade at SMNE. She's been there since K. I completely agree that the concern of the principle is how SMNE rates against other schools in state testing. It's sad when an administrator puts her selfish goals ahead of the students academic potential. My daughters teacher punishes poor performance by having the students sit in the hall while classmates are outside for recess. Does this help correct poor performance? I think not. She also trakes off 15 points from a paper if a child forgets to put there name on thier paper. I think constant reminders to put the name on the paper would help in making this a habit. I've contacted the school's principle about my concerns only to find that she is closed minded and set in her ways.

Posted November 16, 2004
I have been involved with SMNE for the last three years and some of the problems with the school is the lack of discipline from the admins, the emphasis put into teaching what is on the state testand the lack of parental involvement in the school. Of course the kids can pass a test if that is all you teach. The teachers at SMNE are great, but they don't get a chance to show it because they have the state test pushed down their throat. Change is needed at SMNE.

16308 Lemoyne Blvd, Biloxi, MS  39532
Last modified St Martin N Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
St Martin N Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top