Caledonia Middle School 1

Posted May 04, 2014
I cant see how this school rated anything above a 4 as an average, meaning that if 100 people rated this school all of them would have maybe a 5 (15 out of 100). If your are not from here then don't come here expecting your kids to have a fair shot at doing anything and then have your kids go to school to be successful. PLAIN AND SIMPLE, it is clear on your initial sign-up that they don't want your uppity kids at their school. The school street address is "Confederate Way". I used to look at the parents who home schooled their kids and thought they were losing out on having an interaction or a social environment. Now, I thin it is probably the best given the situation. Military people and kids up to a year or so ago were not allowed to go to the school and now they are, because they get money for you kids to go there. That money is not spent on any resources for your kids. Please, God please don't have an issue with your kid and have to deal with the school administration. Your automatically the offender and bet on not receiving fair consideration in your case. Lastly, as a community we have to come together when issues come up involving our children.

Caledonia Middle School 2

Posted February 11, 2010
Unfortunately the negative reviews of this school are true. We moved in from out of town and have not had a great experience here. While it is the best public school in the district, that's not saying much. We picked this school over others because we thought our child would get a little more one on one time with teachers and would make friends easier in a smaller environment. Not the case. There are some good teachers here, but we didn't get any of them this year with the exception of one. The students are snobby and very unfriendly, sometimes to the point of being downright cruel. We haven't felt welcome at all at this school. If I had it to do over, I would not pick this school again.

Caledonia Middle School 0

Posted January 02, 2010
I love it here at CMS!I`ve been here all my life!Kids at my school may not be the best but there are kids that go here that are really nice even in middle school.It`s not easy to forget the life you had before but you have to it`s just part of life.Everyone I know loves it here at this school, even though they only went here for a year!Just trust me, this school is the best!!!!!!You can ask anyone that went there!

Caledonia Middle School 0

Posted August 17, 2009
This is my daughter's second year at Caledonia and she loves it!

Posted April 29, 2009
It's a painful thing to read that a family might not have a good experience with our school. I am not originally from this area either, and sometimes small town life is an adjustment. However, I can tell you that my peers and I try to do all we can to help children adjust and learn. When there are conflicts, I think that our teachers try to maintain professionalism and concern for our students. Teaching in Mississippi is not a profession for people expecting an easy paycheck, so one should explore that statement a little more before making that assumption. That being said, I still love what I do, and I love making a positive difference in the lives of children.

Caledonia Middle School 1

Posted October 16, 2008
Plain and simple don't come. Outsiders aren't welcome here. Trust me. I moved here due to my Dad's job change and retiremet. The school doesn't care about the students. It's money and football. That's all this small town cares about. Like i said don't move here.

Posted July 28, 2008
I was in this school for the past 3 years and this school was awesome

Posted September 28, 2006
I have had my child in school here for the past 2 years. I only have great things to say about CMS. I feel that my child is getting a quality education in a very safe and nurturing enviroment. I was glad that the school had a character education program that teaches the students manners, citizenship, and morals. I have always heard of the 'Southern Hospitality' and we have certainly received that at Caledonia Middle School. Great School!

Caledonia Middle School 2

Posted September 14, 2005
This is a great school if this is your hometown. Our experiences coming in as outsiders has not been at all positive. There are teachers that should have retired years ago. They are there now only for a paycheck. There is no support for a parent or a child if there is any conflict with a teacher. The golden rule at this school is 'The teacher is always right'. My children have attended other schools due to job transfers. This is a very narrow minded area of the south. I was born and raised in the south as well, and this is my true feelings. I never thought that I would come up against 'The good ole' boy' policy in my childs school. My comments are mainly to enlighten anyone who is planning on relocating to this area. Hopefully, your experience will be better than ours.

Posted September 02, 2005

Caledonia Middle School
105 Confederate Dr, Caledonia, MS  39740
(662) 356-2042
Last modified Caledonia Middle School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Caledonia Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top