K-5 & Ungraded|Public district
352 students|Cleveland School Dist

Bad
Good

It is a great school my daughter was going to Pearman and everyday she came home crying cause there were a few kids that would pick on her about her weight and I complained and complained and they didn't do anything but since she has been at parks she doesn't come home crying anymore she lives it

My child had a wonderful experience in kindergarten with a young, caring, professional teacher Mrs Glo. But I am trying to get my children in to Hayes Cooper in Merigold because I feel my children will get a better education there. I have a neice that goes to Parks and we have had to got to Ms. Brumuchi on a few occasions & she was not helpfull she acts like her teachers can do no wrong even when one threw items a students & had several parents complain &that kids will be kids even when a kid bullies another. When you have more that half of a class not getting the math then it must be the teacher but Ms Brumuchi does not want to hear that it must be the children. I will not be sending my children back to Parks.

Parks has proven to be a wonderful school. Ms. Brumuchi appears to be a good principal but a little untrustworthy. The teachers seem to really care for the students and have their best interest at heart. The rest of the staff is friendly and always helpful. The PTO is active at the school. They appear to be organized and on top of things. Most of the parents work full time and still volunteer their time willingly.

I feel that a lot of the reviews I've read are unrealistic. The teachers I have met seem to care about students and work long hours to make a difference. My child had a wonderful experience in kindergarten with a young, caring, professional teacher. My child learned A LOT and had a lot of fun too. I couldn't ask for more than her.

I've had children in this school for two years. One of my children is a non-verbal autistic child. This school has integrated all of their children. It's hard for special needs children to learn at the same pace as normal children. The only parental involvment the school wants is fundraising, Halloween carnivals, and field trips. And the occassional cleaning of the schoolyard.

I'm concerned. This school relies on the test scores of first graders the first month of school to determine if the child will go on to the second grade. It's ridiculous how the kids can't be kids anymore. They offer extra-curricular activities through the college at a price that only the rich can afford.

As a parent, I am genuinely concern about the education and welfare of my child. This was part of the reason that I sent her to Parks Elementary, based on the reviews. This is my child's first year there. I have always been under the impression that 'great teachers' are derived under 'great leadership'. I have found that within Parks Elementary, that impression is false! My child has wonderful teachers and she enjoys going to school. However, as a parent, I have been greatly affected by the administrator(Brenda Ellis) there. She is very unprofessional, unfriendly, and very rude. How can I entrust my child within a school system in which the leader exhibits such great negativity. I am convinced, that if Mrs. Ellis continues to 'act' as principal on next year, my child will be an exclusion to Parks!

Last modified Parks Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.