Eupora High School

Public | 7-12 & ungraded | 409 students

Sweep tile

Posted January 30, 2007

Eupora High School is an excellent school to send your child to. Our school is small. My 3 children graduated from EHS. I am very pleased with their education. Overall, the teaching at EHS is the best. All my children played sports, there were no racial tension or evidence, ever, at EHS. EHS is a wonderful school to attend. Eupora, MS has a high 5 rating in all categories! I want to note that I had one child who never had to study and 2 that had to dig for every grade they made. Go EHS- I will forever support you.

Posted September 28, 2006

I am a senior at Eupora High School. I've attended Eupora schools through all my school years and we have problems but that's any where you go. Typically they include dress code violation and fighting. A lot of the students don't like Mr. Mason but that's only because they don't know how to act and he has to discipline them. He's been the best principal Eupora has had in a long time. I think the students need to appreciate the principal we have.

Posted March 1, 2006

I have 2 kids who have graduated from Eupora High School and I am pleased overall with the teaching and activities at this school. There are a few teachers who fall below the 'average' but these are everywhere. I have 2 more kids who will graduate from EHS within the next 6 years and I am very proud of them. They already know what they want to do with thier lives and are working toward that goal with the help of and encourgement of the teaching staff. Even though we might not have all the bigger schools have, we have Pride and Loyalty for our school.

Posted October 11, 2005

I am very proud to state that my husband and I are both graduates of EHS. We have both received advanced degrees in our field. We have two children who attend Eupora High School. We are very pleased with their education-their statewide testing results can attest to this! Academics, sports, and band are all highly achieved at EHS. The Pride of Eupora Band received 3rd in STATE competition last year... statewide! This is a great achievement and speaks highly of the students as well as the band director.This year they have also received Superior Ratings. Our sport programs are outstanding. We think that the parents who choose to be involved are very involved. Parents are always encouraged to be involved at EHS. We are proud for our children to attend Eupora High School and are thankful for all of the well- qualified teachers. Congratulations on reaching Level 5!

Posted September 27, 2005

I have two students who have graduated from Eupora High School. They have both gone on to major universities and done extrememly well. I feel that Eupora High has provided a great foundation for their continued education. I have read the other reviews and one fact stands out. Eupora High is a Level 5 school for the second year in a row. Our athletic teams consistantly make the playoffs in all areas, and we have had at least 6 State champions in the last ten years in our various sports. Eupora High has one of the best balanced school programs in the State. Sure there are weaker teachers, but there are many who are very strong. There are 5 Nationally Certified teachers on staff. Even though the majority of students at Eupora High live below the poverty line in low socio-economic environments, the schools still strives to lift them.

Posted June 15, 2005

I have two children who have graduated from Eupora High School and I could not be more proud of the school. I think the level 5 rating confirms that our school is one of the best.

Posted May 6, 2005

I have two kids one graduated from this school Eupora in 2003. The other is still there graduating this year. I would never send another child to this school because they have no discipline system. The sports here are bad...lots of racial problems.

Posted January 6, 2005

I am a student at this school as well, and I think that the school is great. I feel that if the students really want their education then they should dress appropriately so as to look educated. This rule should be enforced. I don't think that the teachers would have such a hard time staying motivated if the students would put a little effort into it. Face it - would you be able to stand up in front of a class full of students who are breaking every rule they can, smarting off about everything you say, and have on something that would be very offensive but would make you feel too embarassed to say something about it? Of course not. You never know what's going on in someone's mind. The teacher's are motivated.

Posted November 10, 2004

All of my children attended Eupora High School and received a great education. Everyone is very proud of our high school for reaching Level 5. Apparently the teachers and students are dedicated to achieving the best education possible. Although some parents do not care if their children break a rule such as the dress code, the majority of our parents do care. The teachers and administrators are to be commended for their dedication and the town of Eupora appreciates them. Keep up the good work!

Posted May 9, 2004

I am a student at this school and I don't think it's as bad as what the reviews above say. Dress code is enforced, and rarely does a student get sent home. The stundents very very rarely get freedays. There are problems, however, with the actions of some students (but all schools have that). This is an okay school and it's not nearly as bad as the reviews above make it sound, take it from a student.

Posted March 21, 2004

I am severely disappointed with this school. Eupora High School seems only concerned with dress code and extreme discipline procedures rather than actually teaching objectives that could lead to a level 5 school. The majority of the teachers do not teach 'bell to bell'. Many of the students have 'free day' on Fridays. This could mean watching videos not related to the subject matter.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted March 12, 2004

This is no place to enroll a child. The teachers are not motivated to teach. They issue a 'free day' every other day. The teachers are more concerned with predicting whether a shirt or blouse will show skin if the child raises their arms,than focusing on objectives for state testing. If a child will be succcessful, then it might be necessary for that child to stay at school. We have very few businesses in this area. Economy is poor. Parents are called to check the child out of school to change clothes just because some teacher is on a power trip. The parent misses work. The child misses class. Give the teachers/students uniforms and do your job from there.

Language Arts

The state average for Language Arts was 63% in 2013.

93 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 66% in 2013.

94 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Scale: % proficient or advanced

In 2012-2013 Mississippi used the Mississippi Curriculum Test, 2nd Edition (MCT2) to test students in grades 3 through 8 in language arts and math. The MCT is a standards-based test, which means it measures how well students are mastering specific skills defined for each grade by the state of Mississippi. The goal is for all students to score at or above proficient on the test.

Language Arts

The state average for Language Arts was 55% in 2013.

72 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 73% in 2013.

72 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Writing - Informative Essay

The state average for Writing - Informative Essay was 93% in 2012.

78 students were tested at this school in 2012.

Scale: % Score 2, 3 or 4

Until 2011-2012, terminating in 2012-2013, Mississippi used the Mississippi Writing Assessment Program (MWAP) to test students in grades 4, 7 and 10 in writing. The MWAP is a standards-based test, which means it measures how well students are mastering specific skills defined for each grade by the state of Mississippi. The goal is for all students to score at or above 2 on the test.

Writing - Informative Essay

The state average for Writing - Informative Essay was 97% in 2012.

50 students were tested at this school in 2012.

Scale: % Score 2, 3 or 4

Science

The state average for Science was 64% in 2013.

71 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Scale: % proficient or advanced

In 2012-2013 Mississippi used the Mississippi Science Test (MST) to test students in grades 5 and 8 in science. The MST is a standards-based test, which means it measures how well students are mastering specific skills defined for each grade by the state of Mississippi. The goal is for all students to score at or above proficient on the test.

Algebra I

The state average for Algebra I was 78% in 2013.

54 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Scale: % proficient or advanced

In 2012-2013 Mississippi used the Subject Assessment Testing Program (SATP) to test students in English II, writing, algebra I, biology I and U.S. history at the completion of each course. Students must pass all parts of the SATP in order to graduate from high school. The SATP is a standards-based test, which means it measures how well students are mastering specific skills defined for each grade by the state of Mississippi. The goal is for all students to pass the test.

Biology I

The state average for Biology I was 63% in 2013.

65 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English II

The state average for English II was 59% in 2013.

67 students were tested at this school in 2013.

U.S. History

The state average for U.S. History was 62% in 2013.

47 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Asian 0% 1%
Source: NCES, 2010-2011

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 66%N/A71%
Source: NCES, 2010-2011

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

65 Clark Ave