Presbyterian Christian Elementary School 4

Posted January 15, 2012
We just moved from Florida to Hattiesburg, MS. We had a very time finding an acceptable public school in this area so we started looking into private schools. PCS has made a world of difference in my daughter's life. We have previously had a great deal of difficulty getting her to engage in public school. She absolutely hated school and as a result performed poorly. Once she began at PCS her entire outlook on school changed. She never wants to miss school, she is putting more effort into school that she ever has and is maintaining good grades. What's amazing to me is that she rarely comes home with homework and yet she is learning. This tells me that the teachers there are actually doing their jobs and teaching. Since they aren't strapped to state mandated curriculum the teachers can actually teach what children need to learn and not how to perform only for standardized state tests. We love PCS, the teachers, administrators and fellow students. The only drawback I have found is that the dress code is a little extreme at times. It is worth every penny of the tuition to see my daughter thrive, learn and enjoy school.

Posted September 28, 2009
PCS is an excellent school with a caring, quality faculty as well as high educational standards. It is not often that you come across the 'total package' in a school, but I feel that PCS is it. We have been at PCS for 5 years and my children continue to amaze me everyday with things they have done and learned at school that day! They love going, and to me, that says it all right there!

Posted September 28, 2009
PCS provides a strong academic foundation in a nurturing environment. We love the sense of community and the on-site extended care afternoon program. Academics are incredibly important to us, and PCS high school students consistently have high ACT scores.

Posted September 10, 2008
Although the school performs well academically, I felt as though the environment was stifeling to my childrens creativity.

Presbyterian Christian Elementary School 3

Posted August 23, 2005
PCS has drastically changed over the years from a highly respected instituion into a joke. Most of the teachers are excellent, but newcomers be warned. Image is everything at PCS and can either save or break your high career.

Posted May 28, 2005
The school is wonderful. My child has been there for three years, she will be going to the forth grade. Great christian teachers and christian parents.

Posted January 07, 2005
PCS provides a wonderful learning environment for children. It truly reminds me of what school was like 'when I was a kid'. There is a feeling of family at PCS and every child is important. While the academic standards are high, the pressure that can be felt at schools trying to make sure 'no child is left behind' is absent.

Posted June 03, 2004

Posted May 14, 2004
- a staff

Posted April 23, 2004

Presbyterian Christian Elementary School
3901 Lincoln Rd, Hattiesburg, MS  39402
Last modified Presbyterian Christian Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades K-6
Presbyterian Christian Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top