Posted June 01, 2011
Hey! I will be graduating in 2012 and i will say i have loved my years at Hazlehurst High School. Even though our school wasn't fancy like other schools; Hazlehurst have taught me things to prepare me for my career. Some people might not understand what all my school has been through, but i must say EVERY SINGLE STUDENT AT HAZLEHURST HIGH SCHOOL HAS A BRIGHT FUTURE AHEAD OF THEM!! We on a mission to greatness!!! Im proud to say im a honor student at Hazlehurst High! I would like to give special thanks to my former principle Mr. William Tremell. He is no longer with us but your encouraging words will stay with us.. LOVE YOU

Hazlehurst High School 3

Posted August 28, 2007
I am excited about the new school year at the Middle School with the new Principal, Mr. Davis. He is a young, energetic man with new and good ideas. Coming into a school that has been behind in the curriculum for the past six years or more, he has his hands full, but I feel he is the one for the job. If we can get the School Board to support him and let him incorporate his energy and ideas, this school district will move foward. We need more staff like him involved in our children lives. Let work together to make Hazlehurst schools the best schools in this area.

Posted June 14, 2007

Posted June 14, 2007
- a administrator
I think Mr. Davis means well for the school, but the school board is completely backwards. Athletics is the main focuse, and test scores are falling rapidly. Good luck guys!

Hazlehurst High School 3

Posted September 24, 2005

Hazlehurst High School 5

Posted August 06, 2005
I think Hazlehurst schools are one of the best school in the state of Mississippi. They have a hard working staff. And is determine to make sure all kids are learning. I am very satisfied with the progress at Hazlehurst City School District. Keep up the good work. The people that are complaining needs to help with their children with the development of their education.

Hazlehurst High School 2

Posted June 09, 2005
- a former student
I personally went there my whole career. This school is not challeging by any means. The kids aren't disciplined enough and most of them could care less about being there. While teachers are trying to work with those kids, the ones who want to learn are being held back. They have great extracuricular activities, but what good are they if they get you a scholarship and you don't know anything. And a comment about the state scores. The reason they are rated where they are is because that's all they learn. They take the study book for the test and drill the kids on it and thats it. I feel the test is a minimum of what the kids should learn.

Posted March 05, 2005
- a former student
This is a great school. Many people dislike this school and claim it is a disgrace. This school has an awesome band, football and basketball teams, great cheerleaders and is currently rated '3' in state grade scores with 4 being the best and 5 is higher than any school is expected to make. They have good teachers in some areas just to be completely honest. Some of the children there are very respectful others, they require your respect before you get theirs. I would recommend anyone send their child there because yes, they do have their problems and people seem to see the bad side before the good but after a while, it's worth it. Take out the time to see the good and I promise you it will make you overlook the bad at Hazlehurst High.

Posted January 16, 2005
Do not send your kids here!!! my three kids went to school here (and at the middle/high school)and when our family moved two years later, their new school district put them back one-two years. And they had been taking honors classes before going to school there. It was very embarrassing for them. This school assumes these kids are going nowhere and makes no effort to change things.

Posted December 06, 2004

Hazlehurst High School
101 South Haley St, Hazlehurst, MS  39083
Last modified Hazlehurst High School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hazlehurst High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top