9-12 & Ungraded
Horn Lake, MS
Students enrolled: 1,379

Posted June 25, 2013
Horn Lake High School, for me, was a great place to receive a quality education when I attended. They offered challenging courses (much more challenging than the local community college), numerous extracurricular activities, and a few courses you couldn't find anywhere else at the time (i.e. Robotics). Of course you have your typical local politics, class favorites, and trouble-makers; but what school doesn't? I graduated in 2009 and there were plenty of classes and after school tutors that would assist in preparation for not only college, but much needed technical careers as well. One downfall I did notice was, like the previous post from a student, the administration's main focus seemed to be on dress code, which I believe since I have left has become a little bit more relaxed. My only concern now is the increasing number of students from the Memphis City Schools that come and distract those who come to school for an education, but outside of some of the "Distractors" I believe Horn Lake High School is still one of the most respectable schools in the area, and a place where your child will be prepared for college, or any other career path they pursue.

Posted May 02, 2013
HLHS is a good high school with good teachers and administration. There are of course things that can be done better, as always. In the past few years they have come a long way with preparing students for college. They offer a PSAT course that includes a summer camp to prepare the students to make the highest scores they possibly can on the PSAT and also an ACT course. There are great teachers, good teachers and a few not so good teachers. That is just the way the world is. Everything is not always going to be perfect, and you have to take some responsibility for that yourself. When students don't allow teachers to teach, don't do their work, and don't come to school, ir is difficult to teach them anything, much less have them prepared for college. As a parent I am very happy with my son's education at HLHS. He has been there for over a year and things are going very well. Does he make all A's? No. Do the teachers provide an education for him that will get him to college if he works hard and wants to get there? Yes.

Horn Lake High School 1

Posted November 28, 2009

Posted November 10, 2009
As a parent I can say this is an okay school and that I must agree with a previous post. I am so disappointed that the school does not promote higher academic achievement. And there is alot of work to be done to prepare students for a college education other than the local community college. The teachers from conversing with my daughter are not encouraging. I am having to pay private tutoring fees to prepare my student for an acceptable ACT score for a presidental scholarship. There's alot of work ahead for the system and it starts with the staff !

Posted October 04, 2009
They have rules and stick by them.

Posted March 13, 2009
Horn Lake high is really a great school,my son has been going there for few years now and the teachers and staff are very nice and helpful. I could not ask for a better school.

Posted March 12, 2009
I give horn lake high 4-stars because it is definitely a thousand times better than most of the surrounding schools (for example: memphis city and shelby county schools) However, I think they could work harder on preparing the students a little more for college, especially in science. Overall, Horn Lake High is a good school with many extracurricular activities and class choices. Also, the administration here works hard at providing a safe environment for students and teachers.

Horn Lake High School 2

Posted November 17, 2008

Horn Lake High School 2

Posted March 12, 2008
Horn Lake High is not that great of a school.There is a lot of drama at this school and many of the other students don't care about their grades. I go to classes all the time where many people just sleep.There is potential for this school to be so much better, but it isn't. That's the harsh reality.They enforce the dress code more than they care about the education.That's how bad it is.

Posted February 25, 2008

Horn Lake High School
3360 Church Rd, Horn Lake, MS  38637
Last modified Horn Lake High School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Horn Lake High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 29 reviews. Top