6-8 & Ungraded
Horn Lake, MS
Students enrolled: 1,161

Posted October 20, 2013
I moved here from San Diego, CA with my children. I will have to agree with the previous posts about this school! It does appear that this school is most concerned with minor behavioral issues rather than the education of the children! I have called and emailed the Assistant Principal 3 times requesting a conference to discuss some issues that I feel are not addressed correctly! We are still fairly new here so I am trying to give them the benefit of the doubt! I will be sure to post more at the end of the school year!

Posted July 24, 2013
I would not advise any parent to choose this school as one that would educate their child(ren). It is unfortunate, but it is true. Unless you have additional outside support, your child will leave that school knowing less than he or she did when they started. There is no order whatsoever. There is no real desire for parental support unless cookies, candy or magazines are being sold. The STAFF shows partiality to the children, and the children themselves will tell you that they are not learning or practicing anything that inspires learning.

Posted August 24, 2012
Horn Lake Middle School does NOT care about educating children at the level they should be at. They do NOT work with parents that care about their children's education at all. I think they are more worried about a child stepping out of line while walking to the lunch room. We moved here from out of state and no one at that school requested my child's quim report to place her in the appropriate classes and they will just stick your child in the lowest classes. None of the staff will call you back when you leave a message and when you do get a hold of anybody they just tell you to bad because they are to lazy to care. DO NOT ENROLL YOU CHILD IN THIS SCHOOL if you want them to succeed.

Horn Lake Middle School 0

Posted April 29, 2010
The teachers really work with their students and it is a really good environment.

Posted March 11, 2009

Posted December 26, 2008

Posted November 04, 2008

Posted June 29, 2007

Horn Lake Middle School 4

Posted February 08, 2007
HLMS is a great school for my child. The teachers work together to foster the excitement of learning. They work as a team, conference with the parents as a team, and show an enthusiasm that is infectious. As a matter of fact, I have seen the same type of teacher involvement in all of the Horn Lake schools so far. Keep up the good work!

Posted November 13, 2006
I can not beleave i actually thought this was a great school for my children. I would advise any parent to please reseach this school before places your child there.

Horn Lake Middle School
6125 Hurt Rd, Horn Lake, MS  38637
Last modified Horn Lake Middle School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Horn Lake Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top