10-12 & Ungraded|Public district
507 students|Indianola School Dist

Bad
Good

Gentry is a High Schhol that put the values in an unbeliverable. It teaches you the sky has no limit.

I graduated from Gentry High in 2008. While I was there, I made up my mind that I was going to put my all into my education.People stop complaining about your short comings. I graduated with honors, and had a FULL scholarship to attend Southern Ms. However, Gentry taught me to be the best that I can be. Also I believed in our motto, if Better is possible, then good is not enough. Instead I joined the Air Force. So now I have my scholarship, and plus free tution. So until you implie yourself, dont knock Gentry.

I have been affiliated with this school for several years. I have found Gentry High to be a place where most children do not care about their education; parents do not attend PTA meetings; most teachers can care less about educating students. The list goes on and on. Our school is now in conservorship. I think the conservator does not care much. The school is in dire need of repair (50+ years old) the school floods when it rains. Righ now our school is awful from the top to the bottom.

I am a 10th grade student and I feel Gentry is a good school and I feel that if we all tried we will be a better school! All school has problems, no school is perfect. It's not the staff, its the school children who needs home training and needs to be discipline.

Im a 10th grade student, and I feel that gentry high school is not as good of a school as it needs to be. I feel that the teachers(some) really dont care about us as students. In some of my classes I feel as if I am not learning anything and I would like to be challenged more and taken more seriously.Gentry also needs to have many repairs. The fact that it rains on the students and the roofs are caving in is a danger to the students and staff. Futhermore, I feel that the school needs a major make over. The district needs to stop and look at the problems that are being caused at gentry high school.

I am a tenth-grader at Gentry and I must say that I am very dissapointed about attending this school. There is no type of discipline and people seem as if they do not care. There is way to much negativity in this school enviorment. I was so ready to get to this school and now that I am here it is no were near as great as I thought it would be. This does not even feel like a high school to me. I just do not know what to say about this school.

Say what you please, students are students no matter where you go. I believe that the staff at Gentry High School really care and believe in their students. Their goal is to put them in the best position possible to be successful, and its up to the students to do their part. I am a 2008 graduate of GHS and I will be attending Howard University In the fall, I am also in the Navy and I have a job making an above average income for my age. None of these things would be possible without the teachers, staff, and my peers at GHS. The lessons I learned there are ones that I will always take with me wherever I go.

I graduated from Gentry in 2004. Although the falculty and staff tried their best to provide me with all the tools of success that a student needs, i feel that i was cheated. All students are taught at a medium level, and higher achievers gain nothing during this process.

I am now going into my third year at Gently. It feels good to go to a school where I feel the teachers are intact with my needs and the need of other students. The teachers and Mr. Kirksey are doing a wonderful job of keeping things on track. Many doors will now start to be open to me since this is my senior year, and I know that because Gentry High School is making it possible. The academic programs are great because they give you a chance to learn in the class rooms and out. There are many activities going on at school like band, drill team, football, baseball, volleyball, basketball, softball, library club, yearbook, dance groups, chess team, academic decathlon, national honor society, and many more that students should join. Each and everyday Gentry is always 'A Cut Above The Rest!'

I graduated from Gentry in 2006. While attending 'The Big 'G'', I learned many things. The teachers have a way to make sure that all of their students learn and have the right understanding of the subject. Other than academics, Gentry has a very good athletic department. The principle was Mr. McIntosh. he was the best principle I ever had!! He always made time for his students even if he were busy, if a student had a problem, he would always take time to talk to that student personally. Crystal Thomas

Last modified Gentry High School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.