PK-5 & Ungraded|Public district
691 students|Desoto Co School Dist

Bad
Good

Develops character: Strongly agree

The teachers are awesome and they help each student to do their best. Also, Mrs. Heyman is FANTASTIC.

One of the best schools in DCS. This is a blue ribbon school and the teachers are top notch

The new principal, Mrs. Heyman is a total package. She is down to earth, outgoing, kind, genuine and we love her. My son excelled this past year with Mrs. Stubblefield and Mrs. Reno. We are just so thankful to have such a wonderful school to send our son to. This school is a blue ribbon school and is full of highly qualified teachers and assistants. We are looking forward to the upcoming school year. Thank you, Mrs. Heyman for making this school feel so welcoming with your warm smile, caring heart and the way things run so smoothly. My only wish is that the PTO would hold evening meetings and more opportunities for working parents.

My son attended Center Hill Elementary from 3-6th grade and is now a graduating senior. He was so moved to see his elementary principal show up at AND present an award at their Senior Awards Night. Mrs. Dearden, CHES principal, has a genuine interest and love for her children, even after they have left her building, and it shows! In a graduating class of 178 at Center Hill High School, 4 of the top 5 in the class attended CHES, and 6 out of the top 10. Center Hill Elementary knows how to instill a sense of pride and promote academic excellence from the ground up! I am so very thankful that my children have been a part of such an amazing school.

Our son has attended this school for three years and we have mixed feelings about it. We moved to the area due to the good reviews of the school. If your child is average in academics and behavior, it seems like they would likely do well here. If your child operates outside of the "norm", the school may not be the right fit. There are no regularly scheduled parent-teacher conferences. Our son came in with more advanced knowledge and skills from his previous school, but was forced to learn more basic methods and not allowed to continue using his more advanced knowledge. Some teachers were resistant to our feedback, others were more receptive. We have watched our son go from loving school and learning, to hating school and being bored.

I've been teaching at Center Hill since the first year it opened. Although I've taught at several schools and in several districts, Center Hill's administration and staff is by far the best I've ever encountered! Our principal is supportive and loving to all of the children as well as with her staff and I feel blessed to be a part of such a fabulous team! When people ask me where I work my reply is always, 'heaven.'

great school, teachers care about the students. Principal is always visible and involved. We love CHES

Teaching methodologies and classroom management are 2 generations behind current trends in education. Behavior is managed with public humiliation; teachers' communication with parents is not encouraged. Administration is ready to reture and is very stoic and unresponsive.

The faculty and staff of this school have been outstanding in communication with me about my child's progress.......I wouldn't have him go anywhere else!

Last modified Center Hill Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.