Olive Branch, MS
School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

Center Hill High School always strives to help students and communicate with parents. If you are having any type of issue please contact the school. This is the Great Schools site for Center Hill High School please do not post reviews for any other school on our site.
September 27, 2012

Posted May 15, 2014
Maybe if the Middle school had their school listed in the first place the high school would not be getting their reveiws as well. Either way the schools are within 3 blocks of each other and the problems still remain. The principle of the High school stays hidden in his office and doesn't have the guts to call parents back. The assistant principle as well as other administrators are arrogant and think they can bully the kids and the parents. I have had 4 children in these schools. And like a lot of other parents we are looking into other avenues for our children's education. This school is more worried about FEES than about teaching. The Math teacher charges 25.00 fee and she told the students it was for batteries. That is a whole lot of batteries. Parent involvement? ONLY when they can get money. I notice they remove the bad reviews but keep the good. Doesn't surprise anyone. The middle school has the same problems with the exception of the pribciple. Oh but he is leaving. Can't understand why. Keep your purses closed and if you have to put your kids here then you better have a back bone and stand up to these adult bullies. Read the review above mine. That is from the school. LOL

Center Hill High School 3

Posted May 09, 2014
My child will take Math all the way to calculus but I had to pay for tutors. My child is a minority and it really makes a difference at this school. Look at schools test scores for minority students in math. My daughter had a non-minority friend to turn in homework exactly the same as hers and she received 20 points lower for the exact same answers. She wanted to prove a point to the friend.

Posted April 07, 2014
I completely disagree with the November 2013 review where the parent cites poor Math teachers at Center Hill High. My son attended this school for 3 years. I did NOT make a mistake choosing this school, after having moved from Shelby County schools. My son has scored 30+ on the ACT and has received heavy academic scholarships. I attribute this to the great teachers at this school! My son took Math classes all the way up to Calculus and always had any tutoring necessary and teachers who actually cared. If academics are important to you, then choose Center Hill High School as your school!

Posted September 25, 2012
I have been to 8 different schools, & is is by far the WORST. The principles don't care about anyone, but themselves. Any single thing you do they want to blow it out of proportion. The teachers scream at kids. They never contact you back. Very disappointing school! I will NEVER recommend this school to any body!! I also agree they are stuck in the good ole' boy days.

Posted January 31, 2012
Great School, Great Teachers, Super Students, one of the best schools I have ever seen.

Posted April 07, 2011
Center Hill School has had to deal with being the new school on the block per say. I have been impressed with the efforts made to keep a safe environment for the students. Teachers have been helpful and the administration is quick to remove teachers that do not follow through or show themselves as competent. The respect for the arts has been a huge issue. Working together beyond sports can sometimes be frustrating at Center Hill but that is because so much value is placed upon sports in this culture. I believe this is gradually getting better at this particular school. The principal is not afraid of criticism and stands tall when it comes to making tough decisions.

Posted April 19, 2010
i love this school it is well run and does not put up with bad behavior. the teachers are very helpful in almost every subject and most of the students try to do their best.

Center Hill High School 0

Posted February 09, 2010
This school is wonderful! The principal truly works towards keeping the students safe and helping them get the best education possible. The kids come first!

Posted August 02, 2009

Center Hill High School 0

Posted May 11, 2009
The principal is more than strict. The children are treated as a name and number. The staff is very leary of children not born and raised in MS. We were treated like riff raff even though we came from private school.

Center Hill High School
13250 Kirk Rd, Olive Branch, MS  38654
Last modified Center Hill High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Center Hill High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top