PK-5 & Ungraded
Walls, MS

Posted May 12, 2013
I have two children @ WES one of who is special needs, her teachers a well as the principal are very active with her education as well as her "personal growth" and have kept us up to date with at least one parent teacher meeting each term (more if they are needed). I feel like they really care about my child as a person and not just a student! My other daughter loves going to school and adores her teacher. Her teacher is amazing, she really cares about "her kids" taking the time to make sure the kids understand and are trying their best. There are a lot of functions for the students and their families. My girls favorite being "family fun night" where the students and their families have supper with teachers and faculty, and, there is ALWAYS, always something going on with the PTA! You honestly couldn't pay me to move out of the WES district!!

Walls Elementary School 2

Posted September 18, 2012
I had similar experience with this school when it comes to really being concern with children progress in school.I like many other frustrated parents moved out of this district just to see would the change make a difference.let me tell you it did make a big difference.my son(use to be honor student til went to wes)started disliking school.But thanks to new school district he started liking school again and working hard to get his grades back up.sadly i had to move back into this district.but thankfully board gave me an option.but with a new teacher my son met he chose to stay at walls and im watching closely at his progress.But its just hard to get over harsh treatment and careless attitude that some teachers/educators have toward their pupils.please teachers if you dont like your job please find something else to do.dont destroy/mess up our children...signed concern about educating our children

Posted July 19, 2012
This is the best school. I only want the very best for my children and this school is that and more!

Walls Elementary School 3

Posted January 26, 2012
My son has been attending this school for three years and there is lack of communication from administrators and teachers. The school does a great job of teaching but their is no involvement with parents. There is no PTO/PTA and if there is I have not been asked to join and do not receive any communication. Your child will learn but do not expect to attend any plays, mother/daughter breakfasts because they do not exist. In the past three years the only things the parent has been invited to involving the child is awards ceremonies and one christmas party in which I was the only parent to attend.

Walls Elementary School 4

Posted August 06, 2011
I think that Walls Elementary is an AWESOME school. I volunteer regularly and the administrators and all the staff work very hard and you can tell they really love our kids! Of course they want their students to do well on state tests to show what they have learned (and not just because that is what our politicians have required), so there is a lot of emphasis on protecting instructional time. They expect all of their staff and students to work hard to do their best, to stay on task, and to show improvement. If the person on the previous post really thinks the school is trying to hide something, THEY should VOLUNTEER. I don't have to wonder what they are doing because I see what really goes on and how hard these teachers and students work. Probably just another parent who thinks they and their child don't have to follow any rules! Get real!

Walls Elementary School 3

Posted January 12, 2011
I really feel like Walls Elementary has something to hide involving the education that they are giving children. They require a 24hr notice of when and what time a parent plans to come in visit their child's classroom.?????? I feel as if this give them time to put on a show and act as if this is how they teach everyday! Also, I couldn't grasp the actions that occured recently. My child has not been attending this school very long so he doesn't know where his class is and I offered to walk him to his class and I was told I could not because classes had already started, but if they were so concerned about class already starting why did they take another out of class to come to the office to escort my child to class?????????? I really dislike this school!

Posted December 15, 2010
I hated that last year was my last year at Walls!!!! I just loved the principals,teachers,and the rest of the staff!!!!! They treated us fairly and were VERY nice!!!!! Every since I was at Walls I have achieved many things!!!! They had many educational and challenging curricular activities always going on and strived to teach us and tell us to do our best!!!!!!! The parents and teachers were always involved in everything and always had family fun nights to attend!!!!!! I miss everybody at Walls!!!! :)

Walls Elementary School 0

Posted October 04, 2008
Both of my children went to this school. It is a great school with great teachers. These teachers go above and beyond what should be expected for teachers to do. People who do not like this school should consider whether they , as a parent, are doing what they should be doing with their children. I love this school.

Walls Elementary School 1

Posted September 13, 2008
I moved to walls in 2007. I have two children that attend walls. When I first enrolled them I thought they better than the school they had previously attended which was Robinsonville Elementary which is not a good school at all. I had no problems with their rules an policies until I started having problems with the teachers an administrators regarding my youngest child who is a special needs child. They would not be very informative when it came time for me asking questions regarding discipline, school work, an other issues going on in the classroom they seem to want to hide what was going on. They need to become more organize an have better communication skills they are more focus on passing state test than the well being of all children of all ages.

Walls Elementary School 0

Posted August 26, 2008
I'm new to Mississippi and so far this school has been a great experience.

Walls Elementary School
6131 Delta View Rd, Walls, MS  38680
Last modified Walls Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Walls Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top