Waveland, MS

Our Lady Academy 4

Posted August 01, 2013
Our Lady Academy is a great school. The school teaches young women how to think and not what to think. As a 2013 graduate who was in public school and then transferred to OLA, I can accurately tell you that the curriculum is more challenging than public school curriculum in the area because OLA is a college prep school. "Bullying" is typically only a problem in JH when the girls are getting used to the transition from elementary to the JH environment. While not every school is perfect OLA is still a good choice for your daughter. I disagree what another commentor said about SSC having a higher standard because they do the same "buying and selling spots and punishments" that OLA is accused of. My parents didn't have a lot of money and struggled to send me to OLA and I greatly appreciate their sacrifice because I gained a lot from my time there. There are also a few financial aid options at OLA to help out students and their parents such as Work Study and scholarship opportunities.

Posted May 30, 2013
My daughter currently attends Our Lady Academy and she loves it. She enjoys going to school and loves intramurals, sisterhoods , retreats, mercy day and so much more! Our Lady Academy is an excellent school to go to. My daughter is always telling me how close her class is and how much she loves her class. This school offers many opportunities for girls , a school like no other. I see comments about some girls getting bullied and they want to be taken out of OLA. There will be bullies everywhere you go , there is no perfect school. I absolutely love the school's mission statement "fitting young women for earth without unfitting them for heaven". This is a great school. More than half of the girls that graduate get scholarships. Sincerely, a PROUD parent ;-)

Our Lady Academy 1

Posted June 21, 2012
My daughter has been in this school for the last 2 years and is not returning next year. While it breaks my heart because her brother is at SSC, I will not continue to have my daughter in that environment. It is not a money issue for us but a morel one. I understand in the past it was not this way and stood for something right and girls were proud to attend this school, but now it is full of catty, mean, vindictive girls. The administration worries more about money they do the standards the school was built upon. Money buys spots on teams, buys ways out of trouble and anything else needed. My daughter did not have problems, but I don t want this example to be show and this to be what she sees so young in life. Most of the girls hate the school and the reason they stay is a popularity community ranking for the parents with saying they have a daughter that goes there. I love SSC and wish OLA would hold the girls up to more of the ethics they hold for the boys. I will not pay for this. It s sad when the better alternative is the public school. Also they say the academic are higher than public, but they are not.

Posted October 05, 2011
I have been teaching at OLA for 21 years and consider it to be the best available school for young women to develop intellectually, spiritually and morally. We constantly address issues such as bullying. Recently we have divided the entire school community into "sisterhoods", each based on a Mercy value. These include Diversity, Justice, Hospitality, Dignity and Stewardship. We are not perfect, but we truely believe we are "Equiping young women for earth without unfitting them for heaven."

Our Lady Academy 2

Posted September 29, 2011
My daughter currently goes to this school, but I am considering taking her out. We do not have the kind of money most of the other girls have, so now my daughter is a target for bullying. She comes home crying most days. Not very good moral values.

Posted December 29, 2010
Our Lady Academy deserves the highest of praise. OLA is a nurturing environment for young women and promotes not only excellent academics but community service, top-notch athletics, and moral values as well. There is no amount of money a parent could spend that could deliver such value.

Posted September 12, 2005
We pray that you can get this school up and running again !Since Katrina many have had to go elsewhere and it is not by choice. Best of luck to all in Bay St. Louis, MS.

Posted August 26, 2004
My daughter attended OLA 7th-12th grade and recently graduated in 2004. My daughter has been in private schools all her life. She is a highly intelligent young woman with outstanding faith, morals, goals, and achievements. We are very proud of her and our decision to send our daughter to the most elite school on the Coast.

Posted October 24, 2003