Posted July 04, 2014
The reason this school is only rated a "5" is probably because, until this year, it has only served 10th through 12th grades. The Algebra I EOC is a major component of the scoring system. Most Rock Bridge students complete Algebra I in middle school. Therefore the only students taking Algebra I at Rock Bridge are those who do not perform well in math. For this reason, the school's Algebra EOC scores are lower than average which brings down the school's ranking. When you compare ACT and SAT scores, Rock Bridge consistently scores higher than state and national averages. This is a very good school.

Posted April 28, 2014
Rock Bridge Senior High School Home of the Bruins. Academics, sports, planetarium shows and other events make this the best school that I have attended and still go to these events. Ravi Sehgal Glad to be an RBHS alumni

Posted April 28, 2014
As an RB student I had math with Ms. Mast for pre-calc and calc BC. Now that I've finished college, I can appreciate how excellent my math classes were. Ms. Mast's way of structuring curriculum gave me an extremely solid conceptual understanding of all the formulas and intricacies of calc: I easily scored 5 on the AP BC test, and scored the highest on a multivariate calc-for-engineering final as the only non-engineer -- and only girl -- on a class I took as a Freshman at USC.) It was also fun and featured group collaboration. I also took AP Bio with Mrs. Pickett, got a five, and felt INCREDIBLY well-prepared. I took AP Langauge Comp and AP World and Euro, got 5s on all and felt like these courses amounted to 3 years of top-rate, free SAT reading comprehension tutoring. I completely credit Ms. Dix's instruction in Language Comp with giving me the tools to excel on the SAT and in college honors and grad-level courses. Mr. Graham of AP World also prepared me for the critical analysis vital for success later on. At least 8 years ago, when I was in school here, AP courses at Rock Bridge offered excellent academic preparation. RB did not offer AP or level 5 French when I was there.

Rock Bridge Sr. High School 3

Posted January 10, 2014
The math and foreign language departments are not up to par and by departments I mean the teaching itself is not very good at all. It is well know that RB and Columbia have always struggled in math and until they bring in good, caring math teachers that really know how to teach and reach youth, it will never improve. And it would help to have foreign language teachers that can understand English.

Posted December 27, 2013
I don't know why on Earth we would only be ranked 5 out of 10. In fact, we were listed as one of the top 10 high schools in Missouri last year (#8). The motto is "freedom with responsibility" which ensures that good students are rewarded, and troubled students get the help they need. Students get great test scores- in fact, Rock Bridge sent several students to Harvard last year. Nearly every AP class is offered, as well as many honors options. Sports teams perform great- in my three years here we've won at least 3 state championships every year. Most students have money, which can be both good and bad. It ensures we have a lot of "good kids", whose parents are willing to get involved. Don't be surprised though if you pull up in student parking and see some hummers, range rovers, and brand new cars sitting next to a smattering of clunkers. Overall, few would deny that out of the three high schools in columbia, Rock Bridge is the one that everyone wants their kids in.

Rock Bridge Sr. High School 4

Posted September 05, 2013
Despite Rock Bridge's size, it is a great school with great community. I am a senior who will graduate in May of 2014. In my years at Rock Bridge I really haven't met a bad teacher. In general, teachers here know their subject well and care about the success of their students. It is really easy to get involved too because there are many different clubs and interest groups and anyone can find a group of friends here. RBHS is a great place to learn and also learn about life.

Rock Bridge Sr. High School 4

Posted July 26, 2013
I was a student there during my senior year of high school. Overall, it is a great school to go to. I can say a lot of great things about this school such as there are a lot of clubs, plenty of sports, etc. It is a newer school. Compared to Hickman, there are a lot more preppy white kids that go to this school. Just like with every school though, Rock bridge definitely has its weaknesses. 1.It lacks a big auditorium so during assemblies everyone goes to gym and has to sit on bleachers which can be uncomfortable. 2.There are no announcements through the intercoms so students have to read the website for news, since most students dont check the website for news anyways. 3.Not as much racial or ethnic diversity compared to Hickman.

Posted July 01, 2012
My family and I moved to Columbia, Missouri, so I could attend Rock Bridge High School for the great opprotunities I was told they gave their students. I moved from a smaller school, and now an Alumni of Rock Bridge Senior High School, I couldn't have made a better decision. Their academics are bar-none compared to anything I've ever seen and been around in my Academia career. Their Career Center is the best in the State of Missouri as far as I'm concerned. The school has so much culture in it, and they celebrate this through Global Village each year, a school-wide celebration of as many culture's as possible. Every program within Rock Bridge stands out, and I am proud to say I attended this High School. It gave me so many opprotunities and opened up so many doors for me. If that doesn't give you a good idea, then this might; their motto has always been "Where learning is for life." I can honestly say that I will continue to learn, and I don't think that want to continue to gather knowledge would be there if it wasn't for the Teachers and Administration at Rock Bridge Senior High School.

Posted June 05, 2012
Look no further than RBHS if you want to send your kid to a truly outstanding school. The academics were very challenging (with oodles of AP and honors classes), and, as I recall, we spent our "unassigned time" almost exclusively tackling homework and projects. Sports and extracurricular activities just made the experience that much better. In my professional opinion, as a NASA employee with advanced degrees in both Mechanical and Aeronautical engineering, it would be extremely difficult to find a better public school (quite possibly in the entire United States) than RBHS. Hickman comes in a close second (I attended both schools during my high school years because my parents moved). RBHS also has the incredible advantage of being across the road from the Career Center (Hickman students had about a 10 min. commute). If I lived in the Kansas City or St. Louis areas, I would commute 250+ miles a day just so I could send my kid to a Columbia school. I am very fortunate to have attended CPS, and I can't even begin to thank the hard working staff enough. If education had a patent, Rock Bridge would own it. Keep up the good work, folks, you are the best.

Posted December 10, 2011
This school has great teachers and gets you ready to move forward in you education. There are so many sports for the students to participate in. Such as: Soccer, track, football, basketball, cross country, baseball, golf, tennis, wrestling, swimming for boys and for girls: volleyball, crosscountry, track, swimming, softball, cheer & dance, basketball, golf, soccer, and tennis.

Rock Bridge Sr. High School
4303 South Providence Rd, Columbia, MO  65203
Last modified Rock Bridge Sr. High School is a Public school that serves grades PK-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Rock Bridge Sr. High School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top