Falcon, MO

Gasconade Elementary School 4

Posted August 29, 2012
The new principle/super we have this year is so far pretty good. They have made some improvements by moving the office and giving privacy in that area. Mr. Dunlap is easy to talk to and he actually listens to you. I think this year is gonna be great!

Posted April 03, 2009

Gasconade Elementary School 0

Posted October 16, 2008
I have to STRONGLY disagree that parental involvment has diminished here. Mr. McDaris is our Special Ed Director, and he is one of the best. We also have another teacher that was a special ed teacher for 20 years before coming here. So, don't tell me that Special Ed isn't that great, because it is! We also have a full time nurse now. Also, Ms. Jane is the speech therapist, and I have PERSONALLY witnessed what she can do with these kids. BTW, did it ever occur to you, that Ms. Jane works for almost ALL of the districts in and around Laclede and Pulaski County. They only have her one day a week as well.

Posted June 13, 2008
Through the years I have had five children attend the Gasconade school. I have been extreamly happy with the education they received, the activities that were available to them in such a small school, and the individualized attention they have received from each and everyone of their teachers. My husband and I both believe that moving our chidren into this district was one of the best moves we have ever made for their future.

Posted March 11, 2008

Gasconade Elementary School 3

Posted September 27, 2007
I have to agree [that] The school does need a full time speech therapist. The school also needs a full time nurse. As it stands right now, the nurse is only there on Mondays for a few minutes a day.

Gasconade Elementary School 1

Posted August 04, 2006
I have three children attending this school. The school seems to have been fine for one of them. The school is more focused on MAP testing and improving their scores than they are in educating children with special needs though. There are no scientifically research based reading or math programs in place. If your child has Learning Disabilities, you should consider a different district. If your child has speech problems that require more than one 30 minute session a week, you should consider a different district. This district only has a speech therapist in attendance one day a week. Parental involvement has diminished in the past two years, and some of the more experienced staff members have lost their enthusiasm. There was a lot of friction/resentment amongst the staff this past year.

Gasconade Elementary School
32959 Hwy 32, Falcon, MO  65470
Last modified Gasconade Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8
Gasconade Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top