Posted October 29, 2012
In the past my grandchildren, of whom just started Halls Ferry Elementary this year, would always look for an excuse to not go to school .. now they can't wait to get there! No, we may not be not be Town & Country or the Ladue School Districts but, given the fact that we are a middle class school district I give this school a 5 Star rating. My grandchildren love this school and their Teachers and especially the Principal, Mrs. Hazel who is a jewel!!!. In my experience of dealing w/various schools districts over the years, the Principal and Teachers are very caring and cordial toward the students; they take pride in their reading programs and even go so far as to make sure ALL STUDENTS start their day with a nutritious breakfast, not to mention lunch. And above all they are very cautious of their safety. I just love the way the Teachers interact in all aspects of this Schools routine. You go Mrs. Hazel .you re a winner in my book. Love Ya! Pat Young

Halls Ferry Elementary School 2

Posted November 09, 2010
My daughter transferred to this school from the Hazelwood School District in the 3rd grade. I really like the principal and her teacher, but the school is behind academically and in technology. Her teacher did not have the smartboard, email or other tech components until almost 3 months into the school year. Budget cuts provided a librarian only one day per week and the teachers were attempting to learn his functions for the rest of the week. Some of the curriculum being offered was taught to my daughter in her 2nd grade year at the previous school! I am diligently looking for a private school for the 4th grade year and am hoping that my daughter will not be too far behind academically for the transition.

Halls Ferry Elementary School 0

Posted April 17, 2010
The staff is dedicated to providing the students who attended a quality education. Many staff members volunteer their time to provide extra curricular activities for students to participate in.

Posted April 15, 2010
The teachers have a real desire to teach these kids real life skills and to give them every support possible to be independent learners.

Posted January 18, 2009
My kids love Halls Ferry. They are involved in AR, Scholar Bowl, the book club, orchestra, Read, Right and Run, Hoops for heart, and the list goes on. The teachers are awesome. the work hard and are always there to listen to my concerns. I love the teacherease for grades. My only complaint would be, I wish the PTA meetings were on a different night so I could attend.

Halls Ferry Elementary School 4

Posted September 11, 2008
I love Halls Ferry School. The staff is so friendly and concerned. The principal is in touch with everything going on in the school and is concientious person. My child has grown leaps and bounds and enjoys going to school everyday. That's half the battle. He's excited and that to me is what makes learning important. You have to be excited and motivated and want to do your best. I'm so glad they still have PE 3 times a week, Art and Music in the curriculmn. Your doing great Halls Ferry!!

Halls Ferry Elementary School 4

Posted June 15, 2008
My daughter attended Halls Ferry for the first time this past school year. I must say that I was very pleased with the education that she recieved and the support that was provided consistently to ensure academic and social growth. Mrs. Burroughs is one outstanding teacher! She is truly committed to the success of our children. In addition, Mrs. Hazel, the building principal, has done a phenomenal job keeping me informed, addressing my comments, and providing me with a better insight to Ferguson/Florissant curriculum. I have truly appreciated all of the support and dedication to my child and the community. Dr. Rhonda Ely

Halls Ferry Elementary School 3

Posted April 17, 2008
I like most of the schools in ferguson florissant but I do feel like the newdress code is a bit extreme. I like to get my kids clothes where they can wear them at least a year but with the new policy my son has to tuck in his shirts and it makes him look as if his clothes are eating him alive especially in the winter when he wears layers.

Halls Ferry Elementary School 0

Posted September 15, 2007
I have two children one that went to HallsFerry K-6 and one who is in the 4th grade. I have nothing but wonderful things to say about HallsFerry and thier staff. All the teachers really know what thier job is and they take if very serious! The principal, Lisa Hazel is so focused on giving our kids the best foundation for education! She has high expectations for the students and the staff! Wonderful invovement with the parents and lost of fun activities for our school community! Love it and I will miss it when my youngest leaves HallsFerry!

Posted September 19, 2005
I believe it's a great ideal for the kids to wear uniforms, you always know what your child is going to wear. Especially if you work long hours at work. It make less complicated evening. And it make the kids look much neater, smarter and together.

Halls Ferry Elementary School
13585 New Halls Ferry Rd, Florissant, MO  63033
Last modified Halls Ferry Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Halls Ferry Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top