Bad
Good

Posted May 13, 2015
Russell has THE BEST Teachers and Staff! I could not have chosen a better school for my children!

Posted January 19, 2015
After being a parent of a student at Russell for three years, I have found the teachers to be very caring and go above and beyond. I highly recommend this school.

Posted January 18, 2015
I have four children and all of them have either gone to Russell or are currently attending Russell. Wonderful school with a great sense of community. When I pass the school at 6:00, many of the teachers are still there working in their classroom. I love the school.

Russell Elementary School 2

Posted July 14, 2014
Apparently the quality of the school has gone down hill a bit in the past couple of years. I took a year off to home school. The teachers do not always encourage the students. I was not satisfied with the new principal. I expected more out of them but sometimes one has to lower his/her expectations. Some of the reviews on here are from 4-6 years ago. My child had an on going issue w/ a child & not enough of a look out for them was made. I'm not trying to discriminate based on any means. If teachers say they are willing to listen then listen they should do.

Posted December 11, 2013
We have a kindergartener at Russell and plan to send our other little one when she is ready We considered a local private school but after we met with the administration and teachers, and took a tour, we were sold. We also had several neighbors whose children attended and heard so many great things about Russell in general. We made a great decision. They care so much about the kids, learning and values. They also have wonderful programs and events. I would put the teachers and staff up there with the best in the nation. it is truly a pleasure to be part of the Russell family and Hazelwood district.

Posted October 25, 2012
Russell is by far the best school ever!!! My son has been at Russell since the first grade and now is in the third and he has had nothing but great teachers and experiences. The principal is so awesome and knows all his his students. Any problems or issues you may have are immediately addressed and taken care of. There is also great parent involvement. We are relocating due to my husbands job and I am really sad to have to take my son out of Russell. We can leave knowing our son has received the very best in education and a great school environment. RUSSELL WE WILL MISS YOU!!

Posted July 25, 2011
The teachers are very good and the school is great! The school has challenging academics for the kids also.

Russell Elementary School

Posted October 03, 2009
The staff are very warm and wonderful with the kids. My daughter loves her teachers.

Posted July 10, 2008
I love the attitude of the staff at Russell. They are very attentive to the kids' needs and the principal is also very involved. They also do a great job at keeping the school well maintained.

Posted June 13, 2008
Russell is a very interesting school like other schools Russell pushes their kids very hard. The teachers are amazing and they even have their own song! They have this behavior thing where the climb up a rainbow. Its a very nice school.Russell is really grand.

Russell Elementary School
7350 Howdershell Rd, Hazelwood, MO  63042
Last modified Russell Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.