K-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very ineffective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Parent (1 response)

Posted June 27, 2016
My daughter attending this school and we had the worst experience. She attending 1st grade and was having a difficult time in school. She would get in trouble in class and loose recesses and not be able to participate in activities. My daughter would come home crying. I tried several times to "connect" with the teacher to figure out what was going on and I have to say it was a struggle. I would receive one line notes about behavior for the day such as "bad day today" - "didn't finish work" as so forth. Come to find out after switching schools my daughter has a learning and attention issues. The school she is at now is great and is working with me in a positive way. This school is not educated in how to deal with any child that needs "extra" help. NOR can they identify a child that might need extra help instead my daughter was punish and made to feel "bad". Which led to depression and anxiety about school. I cannot stress enough about how upset I am about this!! The school is also in my feeling not a school for single parents. As a single parent household I was expected to "sell" and "volunteer" as much as a two parent household - Which is a lot!! I am just glad I switched schools early and was able to get my daughter the help she needs.

Grateful to: Parent

Posted December 09, 2015
I am so thankful for all of the staff at St. Joseph. They are willing to work with all families to make a catholic education affordable. They also go out of their way to provide the best education available to all students.

Posted September 16, 2015
my son has attended st joseph since kindergarten. they do not offer any foreign language. they do not have any help for children that are struggling in math or english or any other subject. we pay over $4000/year in tuition and I feel that they should be doing more for the kids that attend this school. their classes are too large and they eliminated the teacher assistants a few years ago to save money. I believe that there are over 300 children in this school and you still have the bullying, name calling and bad behavior that you would not expect from a private catholic school. the teachers and principal seem to turn a blind eye to this behavior so that they don't upset any parents who would possibly take their children out of the school and cause them to lose their tuition payments. however, the biggest complaint I have with st joseph is the lack of help that is offered to the students who are struggling with grades. st joseph's grade scale is not the same as public schools and what most schools would consider an A is a B at st joseph, B's are C's and C's are D's. I feel that for the money that we spend for tuition no child so be failing any of their classes. when the children fail then the teachers have failed and the school has failed the students. there just isn't any support here. now we are going to have to spend another $3000 at sylvan learning center just to get him caught-up. (there are several st joseph students enrolled at sylvan) so, why on earth are we spending $4000 for tuition? do yourself and your children a favor. send them to seckman or windsor. they have better programs for your children and they are free.

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted September 16, 2015
st joseph does not treat every student the same. if you have money your children will get picked for special activities like first lego league, yearbook, student council and others. there is definitely a click here and if you are not part of the click then your children will be passed by and overlooked.

Posted May 16, 2014
As parents, we must also provide a great deal of support to ensure they stay on track. If the previous commenter here is unhappy about his/her children attending St. Pius and it is based upon grades, he/she needs to turn their pointer finger inward toward their children and themselves. Although the current principal at St. Joseph is retiring this year after several years of service, the school board has been very diligent, careful and prayerful in selecting a new one and I am confident that the school will be in good, capable hands. I don't know this because I am on the school board (I am not), but because I choose to be an (continued)

Posted January 13, 2013
We love the parish/church/school! Great network of people. We have had a very positive experience overall.

Posted July 30, 2007
There is now a new principal at st joe's and I hope that she can put and end to the poor ratings of this school. This is a school that deserves a new principal and most of all a new school board!

Posted April 19, 2007
We have had children at St Joe's for nearly 15 years. Overall we have been more than pleased with school and parish. We are looking forward to the changes in administration. We have made the choice to get involved and we feel that our entire family has reaped benefits from our involvement. We don't always agree with decisions made but by and large we have been able to work within the guidelines set. We have chosen a Catholic education for our children because we want our children to be educated with like minded children, to be allowed and encouraged to talk about God, faith, morals and values. The community is supportive and willing to go the extra mile for their children.

Posted April 19, 2007
Our family moverd here over 10 years ago. Upon joining St. Joes, we were pleased with both the school and parish. We came from a catholic school that was much bigger, and had more money. We found that St. Joes was very comparable to our previous school. We are still pleased with St. Joes and believe our children have received an education that is comprable to other area Catholic schools. St. Joes has a great network of parents who are very friendly and welcoming to all. The school does need some faculty changes. But as pointed out to us, there are only so many teachers willing to teach for what a Catholic school can pay! Over all, St. Joes is a good school with even more potential to come!

Posted April 15, 2007
We have felt very welcome at St.Joseph. For the most part everyone has been very friendly and kind. As in any social situation you are going to have exceptions.I do feel there are changes that need to be made concerning some of the discipline policies. It would be great if we get some help in the academic programs to help kids who need a little extra help.

6024 Old Antonia Road, Imperial, MO  63052
Last modified St Joseph Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades K-8