K-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly disagree

They do not dole out the correct punishment and sit and watch it happen

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

They favorite and the science teacher has no idea what he is talking about

Amount of homework: Strongly disagree

They do not assign homework if the kids complain enough.

At this school, there are two types of ways you can be treated, if your parents have attended the church and have been the regular PTA, never protests, and is favorited, then your kids will get everything, awards, money, picked for activities, and leave the other kids out, who will never get awards and never win things and never get to participate. I am a former student, and I attend a high end Catholic high school in the area and I will say myself that this school did NOT prepare me for high school. They have rude teachers and principals, and many parents. They never let the kids have any kind of responsibility, no matter how old they are, they can't be anywhere alone in the school. As an eighth grader, you are treated like a baby and NOT treated like a young adult. The kids are unruly and they do not enforce rules with the correct punishments, and the facilities are absolutely filthy, at one point having kids clean there after school for volunteer hours that they are required to get for the school. I overall do not like this school or the atmosphere at all, it produces negativity, and this school does not provide you with the correct oppurtunities for you to excel. The food is also sometimes expired and not worth the money. Fun story: me and my sister tried to go there one year together and my mother payed for the book fee in advance for a discount, it was refundable, and my sister at the last second decided to go to a public school, and they absolutely refused and ignored the countless calls to get her money back.

My daughter attending this school and we had the worst experience. She attending 1st grade and was having a difficult time in school. She would get in trouble in class and loose recesses and not be able to participate in activities. My daughter would come home crying. I tried several times to "connect" with the teacher to figure out what was going on and I have to say it was a struggle. I would receive one line notes about behavior for the day such as "bad day today" - "didn't finish work" as so forth. Come to find out after switching schools my daughter has a learning and attention issues. The school she is at now is great and is working with me in a positive way. This school is not educated in how to deal with any child that needs "extra" help. NOR can they identify a child that might need extra help instead my daughter was punish and made to feel "bad". Which led to depression and anxiety about school. I cannot stress enough about how upset I am about this!! The school is also in my feeling not a school for single parents. As a single parent household I was expected to "sell" and "volunteer" as much as a two parent household - Which is a lot!! I am just glad I switched schools early and was able to get my daughter the help she needs.

my son has attended st joseph since kindergarten. they do not offer any foreign language. they do not have any help for children that are struggling in math or english or any other subject. we pay over $4000/year in tuition and I feel that they should be doing more for the kids that attend this school. their classes are too large and they eliminated the teacher assistants a few years ago to save money. I believe that there are over 300 children in this school and you still have the bullying, name calling and bad behavior that you would not expect from a private catholic school. the teachers and principal seem to turn a blind eye to this behavior so that they don't upset any parents who would possibly take their children out of the school and cause them to lose their tuition payments. however, the biggest complaint I have with st joseph is the lack of help that is offered to the students who are struggling with grades. st joseph's grade scale is not the same as public schools and what most schools would consider an A is a B at st joseph, B's are C's and C's are D's. I feel that for the money that we spend for tuition no child so be failing any of their classes. when the children fail then the teachers have failed and the school has failed the students. there just isn't any support here. now we are going to have to spend another $3000 at sylvan learning center just to get him caught-up. (there are several st joseph students enrolled at sylvan) so, why on earth are we spending $4000 for tuition? do yourself and your children a favor. send them to seckman or windsor. they have better programs for your children and they are free.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

st joseph does not treat every student the same. if you have money your children will get picked for special activities like first lego league, yearbook, student council and others. there is definitely a click here and if you are not part of the click then your children will be passed by and overlooked.

As parents, we must also provide a great deal of support to ensure they stay on track. If the previous commenter here is unhappy about his/her children attending St. Pius and it is based upon grades, he/she needs to turn their pointer finger inward toward their children and themselves. Although the current principal at St. Joseph is retiring this year after several years of service, the school board has been very diligent, careful and prayerful in selecting a new one and I am confident that the school will be in good, capable hands. I don't know this because I am on the school board (I am not), but because I choose to be an (continued)

We love the parish/church/school! Great network of people. We have had a very positive experience overall.

There is now a new principal at st joe's and I hope that she can put and end to the poor ratings of this school. This is a school that deserves a new principal and most of all a new school board!

Last modified St Joseph Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades K-8