Jennings, MO

Northview Elementary School 2

Posted July 14, 2015
School is over crowded. There were 30 kids in my child's 6th grade class. Both 6th grade teachers were new teachers. There have been a new principal at this school every year. I am glad my child no longer attends.

Teacher effectiveness: Somewhat effective

Posted July 14, 2015
There is a high teacher turnover rate. Northview has had five principals in the last 3 years and last year 15 teachers left. The superintendent Dr. Tiffany Anderson makes the final decision for teachers candidate. She mostly picks new and inexperience teachers so that she can pay them minimum salaries and she puts pressure on teachers at the top salary to leave.

Amount of homework: Not enough

Posted July 14, 2015
The homework could be more consistent. My child did not get homework every night. But I stayed on top of her grades

Develops honesty: Agree

Posted July 14, 2015
I believe that our new principal Ms. Howard is working hard to turn things around.

Develops respect: Agree

Posted July 14, 2015
Ms. Howard listen to parents. She works late and she even have a suggestion box for parents to use. We have monthly PTO meetings where we can share our concerns with the principal. I think Ms. Howard is making great changes.

Develops grit: Disagree

Posted July 14, 2015
Northview needs to stabilize leadership at this school. Our children deserve better.Every year getting a new principal is ridiculous. Why do we get a new principal every year ?

Develops empathy: Agree

Posted July 14, 2015
Ms. Howard started the Peace Court to help our children solve their problems. She also have monthly celebrations for students who make good choices.

Posted August 01, 2013
Is increasing in size and opportunity. I believe we should be at least 6 out of 10 because of the chance for students to go to Des Lee music and art events like: The St. Louis Art music, the Sheldon Concert hall, Jazz St. Louis. every students can not transfer to St. Charles to solve the problems caused by NO Child Left Behind

Posted March 11, 2010
I was a student at Northview and now my son is. He is now in the first grade and is progressing each day. Because his confidence was low in reading his teacher took out the time to tutor him in the areas he was lacking in. In my opinion if both parent and teacher work with the child he/she will be sufficient in their academics. Remember that it starts at home and open communication is the key to a successful child!!

Posted April 25, 2008
I would have to say that I have nothing but good things to say about Norhview Elem. My child has attended this Jennings School District since kindergarten and is now in second grade. We moved over a hundred miles away so that I can continue school. Northview has prepared my daughter so that she has the confidence to suceed in her current school. Northview use to give my daughter a thick homework packet and extra help during afterschool. Her current school does not give her as much homework so I give her work to supplement what she is taught in the classroom. She is now one of top students of her classroom because of the study habits and skills Northview has taught her.

8920 Cozens, Jennings, MO  63136
Last modified Northview Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Northview Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top