Posted August 01, 2013
Is increasing in size and opportunity. I believe we should be at least 6 out of 10 because of the chance for students to go to Des Lee music and art events like: The St. Louis Art music, the Sheldon Concert hall, Jazz St. Louis. every students can not transfer to St. Charles to solve the problems caused by NO Child Left Behind

Posted March 11, 2010
I was a student at Northview and now my son is. He is now in the first grade and is progressing each day. Because his confidence was low in reading his teacher took out the time to tutor him in the areas he was lacking in. In my opinion if both parent and teacher work with the child he/she will be sufficient in their academics. Remember that it starts at home and open communication is the key to a successful child!!

Posted March 08, 2010

Posted April 25, 2008
I would have to say that I have nothing but good things to say about Norhview Elem. My child has attended this Jennings School District since kindergarten and is now in second grade. We moved over a hundred miles away so that I can continue school. Northview has prepared my daughter so that she has the confidence to suceed in her current school. Northview use to give my daughter a thick homework packet and extra help during afterschool. Her current school does not give her as much homework so I give her work to supplement what she is taught in the classroom. She is now one of top students of her classroom because of the study habits and skills Northview has taught her.

Posted May 11, 2006
In regards to the posting from May 2006, I'm not sure what would be considered 'petty' in a school. Art, music, and physical education are by no means petty, but does that mean that reading, writing, math, science, social studies, and technology are? I have never seen more hard-working students or teachers in classrooms than I have at Northview. There is nothing 'petty' about the learning that is going on within that building.

Northview Elementary School 2

Posted May 09, 2006
Leaving the private school setting and going to the public school system was scary enough for the both of us. This school does not challenge your children for excellence. So, I have to do what a great parent does, (Pushing him). Northview concentrates way too much on petty things and not enough on more important things like diversity in art, music, and not settling for just ok.

Posted July 06, 2005
I also have had nothing but positive experiences with Northview Elementary. Every teacher that my child has had has been caring and concerned about my child. Also, Northview was very lucky to be air-conditioned this past year, as many schools all over the country still do not have this luxury. When my child first entered school, he was targeted by a bully. The 'Zero Tolerance' policy helps to keep children safe. If a parent is concerned about how his/her child is treated when there is a 'behavior issue,' perhaps the parent should spend some time in the classroom or possibly take a look in the mirror at his/her own parenting or lack of parenting instead of zeroing in on teachers. As I see it, many of the 'behavior issues' I have seen at Northview often involve a lack of respect which is a direct result of a lack of parenting.

Posted June 10, 2005
'I am also new to the Jennings School District. The exception is that I have had nothing but great experiences! It seems odd to me that the second comment was written in October of 2004 and the majority of the complaint revolved around air conditioning. I happen to know for a fact that Northview Elementary was air conditioned for the entire 2004-2005 school year. On top of that this past summer was a mild one! When making a complaint make sure it is a valid and honest complaint. Thank you.'

Northview Elementary School 1

Posted November 28, 2004
This school fails to meet multiple needs of disadvantaged youth. My child went to this school for his first year of kindergarten and I was appauled at the entire board on their handling of a child wiht behavioral issues. They offer no realistic alternatives that would gear children back toward the classroom. They also lack responsibility in how their staff and administrative conduct can contribute to a childs disruptive behavior in the classroom and offered no investigation into the matter. They leave the child and the parent to take much of the responsobility and blame. Their view of the 'No Tolerance' guidelines leave the child with no support and no outlet for solving the issue at hand. Which altimately, leaves the parent and child struggling to succeed in this school environment. They wouldn't even offer my child a school tutor so that he would not stay behind in academics.

Northview Elementary School 1

Posted October 01, 2004
Being new to the Jennings school district I was excited. However I was dissappointed with the lack of concern towards bullying, and airconditioning for the classrooms. My child sat in a classroom that was so hot(100 degrees) that when he came home his shirt was dench with sweat. I went directly to the school board,and basically he told me it is nothing he could to do. So suggested that he leave out his air-conditioned office and join my child's class in the smeltering heat. I recieved no reply. Also this school neglects the zero tolerance policy al together. To me jennings school district will have a decrease in high school graduates and an increase in criminal activity.

Northview Elementary School
8920 Cozens, Jennings, MO  63136
Last modified Northview Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Northview Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews.