Jennings, MO

Posted August 23, 2012
Bonjour from south France My name is John HILL and in 1945 I was an 7-8 year resident at 8838 Cozens Avenue, Jennings, MO. The attached photo was taken outside on the lawn and fountain at Jennings High School. Myself and my partner Bobbie (on the LH of the photo) were used as mascot tumblers for the class of 45 or 46! I have recently attempted to find a family friend Frank Shuttleworth , who lived off Cozens without success! I am now 74 years I left Jennings for California in 1946 My parents were Carl Wallace and Maxine Evelyn HILL at the above address. I now, and for the past 12 years life in south France. Any guidance you might give me concerning my performances on the basketball court in 1945-46 will be appreciated. Other names I recall are: Dillery, The Indian Guides, and my grand parents who operated the local variety store, Luther HILL. Merci et bon chance! John North HILL 4 Place de Caron 30200 CHUSCLAN, France

Posted February 08, 2010

Posted January 05, 2010

Jennings High School 1

Posted August 11, 2008
This school is not the best place to send your child unless you have an important name or position in the community. Having the above mentioned is virtually the only way you can assure your child gets treated fairly and properly. The teachers are cynical and jaded at best and focus entirely too much on discipline rather than education. The agenda of the administration and faculty is to improve test scores for the standardized test at the end of the year. Standardized tests are not a measure of how well you have been educated or how well your grades are. Better test scores translates into federal and state grants. Each classroom has a camera and this was done without the discretion of the majority of the parents that send their children to this school. All in all this school makes a good representation of the negative reputation of public education.

Posted October 27, 2007

Posted June 27, 2007

Jennings High School 2

Posted January 21, 2007

Posted December 16, 2005
- a former student
I have lived in Jennings all my life and I can honestly say that they have the best teachers in Missouri. The teachers at Jennings do not get enough credit for how hard they work. Most of the teachers ALWAYS go the extra mile to make sure that you understand, comprehend, and keep the information that they teach you. Jennings may have a bad reputation, but I am here to squash that. Jennings has great sports teams also. Our softball team has had three straight successfull seasons, our basketball teams are always competitors for state championships and we now just recently started up a girls soccer team, who's first ever season actually got a 5-5 record. I would recommend Jennings to any parent who cares about their childs education and physical abilities.

Posted September 07, 2005
- a former student
I love this school. I atteneded Jennings from 2nd grade till graduation. There is no other school i would have rather attended. It may be strict at times but it helped in the long run. We had less fights and a higher graduation rates than many other schools. The focus is more on academics and they work with you to help you achieve your goals. So i recomend it to any parent.

Jennings High School 3

Posted July 25, 2005

Jennings High School
8850 Cozens, Jennings, MO  63136
Last modified Jennings High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Jennings High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top