No rating

College Heights Christian School

Private | PK-12 | 529 students

Living in Joplin

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $86,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $600.

Posted March 23, 2010

Keeping in mind that this is a Christian school, other than in the science area, I feel the overall academic program more than prepares the students for college. I have had 2 children attend College Heights since Kindergarten and both have been challenged academically. Socially, I believe that the students are a little too isolated from the rest of the community and this contributes some to a lack of social preparedness for college life. . As far as student life goes, there are multiple opportunities for extra-curricular activities but the sports programs, other than track and volleyball, seem to not be run by volunteers rather than what I would consider 'professional coaches'. From a disciplinary standpoint, be prepared for boy students to be treated more severely than girl students.

Posted April 16, 2009

I love it. it is really good and Christ centered . God is really the main focus. I really recommend it you can learn a lot.

Posted February 10, 2009

I am a student at College Heights and it has impacted me in more ways than one. The teachers are amazing and they really care about the students. The student teacher ratio is fantastic and because of the school I will be going to UNC with full ride scholarships. They have brought me up to stand firm in my faith and I am very grateful.

Posted January 2, 2009

I attended this school for two years of high school. They have grown, but they haven't changed. The still maintain an anti science worldview. They did not prepare me at all for any academic rigor. They were merely something that occupied two years of my time while growing up.

Posted October 29, 2008

I love the school. Teachers care for the students and I get a great education. I will be exceedingly prepared for college.

Posted January 15, 2008

Our children have been in CHCS for 3 years now (HS). The school is great in many respects--especially academics. It is a little lacking in sports and extra-curr, but for the price it is the best bargain in the nation...we have asked around in travels. Most of the teachers are wonderful, but a few are just too AR for us (everyone is different). It is well worth the price for a christian environment!!

Posted January 11, 2008

College Heights Christian School builds character and prepares students for the rigors of college workloads. CHCS has the best Volleyball program in the four state area. The coach really cares. She is not out to win awards, but to graduate girls with college scholorships to help ensure success in their next phase of life.

Posted September 1, 2006

I am a student at College Heights. I have been going there since my kindergarten year. I am a junior now and I strongly encourage anyone who is considering this school to REALLY look into it. The academics are some of the best in Joplin, in my opinion. The athletics are incredible. I play on the volleyball team and it is truly a great program. God is at work at this school and I know he has great plans for it. The teachers at CHCS are so loving and caring.

Posted January 30, 2006

My son attended another excellent christian school in Joplin K-7, then transferred to CHCS in 8th grade. He's now a sophomore. The teachers & students welcomed him with open arms. The school is HARD & challenging academically-there is no bordom here no matter how smart! All students WORK hard, learn time management, they tackle difficult projects--National Rube Goldberg Machine Challenges, science fairs, huge biology, art & history projects. They have homework & alot of it. CHCS teaches students how to work hard & these kids are ready for college! Much is expected both academically & morally. Most students not only work hard in the classroom, but they also give back to school & community by participating in sports, NHS, drama, speech, academic teams,mission work,service hours(required). Standardized Test scores are always above local, state, & national averages--most seniors earn scholarships--parent involvement is abundant. We love the dress code--these students always look great!

Posted October 30, 2005

My daughter has been a student at College Heights from the second grade (she is in the 10th now). They have a great academic program and my daughter is in the College Heights National Honor Society. They are very competitive in athletics with winning teams in basketball, track, volleyball, golf, baseball. This was their first year in Softball and had a 4 and 6 season despite a late start. They take a mission trip each year to witness through helping others. The senior class last year received a large number of scholarships.

Posted September 24, 2005

College Heights is the best school in town in my opinion. I am a student there, and I know first hand what it is like. The teachers are awesome! They are here for the students, not because they have to. It's because they want to! Our athletics are awesome also. We have gone to state in soccer 3 or 4 years in a row. This year they have added Cross Country and Softball to the list of sports, and they are going awesome. Our Volleyball teams are awesome! I would definately recommend this school to anyone! It is truly a great school, and I would never leave!

Posted May 5, 2005

I am so impressed with the academic and spiritual quality of this school. They exceed expectations in all areas. They have more National Merit Scholar Semi-finalists than any other school in the area, consistently have high standardized test scores for all grades, sports teams win more often than not (and offer soccer, basketball, baseball, golf, volleyball,...)music and art students win many awards, academic teams do very well, and on and on. The teacher quality is exemplary as they not only teach very well, but genuinely care about every student. The administration has a visionary plan for the future, and are wonderful leaders in every way. I would STRONGLY recommend this school to everyone.

Posted May 3, 2005

My children have attended CHCS for four years. Every extra curricular activity has taken a group to a higher level of competition. The athletic teams, music, drama, academic, and others have competed past the local level on a regular basis. The academic programs far exceed those of public schools. The test scores of CHCS far exceed the national level as well as all of the area schools, even the higher priced private schools. Parent involvement is so extreme there have been teachers that turn down help on occassion for lack of need. This is a good problem. The new dress code allows a great deal of individual expression as well as modesty. I would home school before sending my child to any other school in the area. The teachers are clearly here for the students because they don't get paid what they are worth.

Posted August 15, 2004

My son was a student at College Heights for five years. The school has alot to offer academically. However, sports wise, they have a ways to go. Plus, they have went with a strict dress code policy for the 2004-2005 school year. I am all for a dress code that promotes modesty, but when they take away the child's right to express themselves as individuals, my husband and I had to draw the line. In saying that, if you are looking for a Christ centered atomsphere for your child, College Heights would be the place. My son has definitely grown spiritually. And for that, I am pleased.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 0% 2%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Christian
Associations
  • ACSI

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

4311 Newman Road