Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Horrible assistance for at-risk youth. Biased and completely unprofessional faculty and staff. If it were up to me I'd shut the entire system down.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

Hands down some of the worst teachers I've ever seen. It seems as if this school is just a dwelling of teacher gossip and the humiliation of their students. We barely learned anything and if your weren't in challenge classes, you weren't taught anything at all.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

Biased discipline and doesn't provide adequate resources to guarantee every student's success. The faculty and staff ensured a clear bias and creation of a second-class in the school.

Several complaints about a teacher were made and nothing was done. I have a student struggling in school and asked several times to have laptop taken away and nothing was done until 1 week before school let out. My other student there was denied lunch by a teacher and repeatedly called names like stupid and was told she would never amount to anything. I'd say this is by far the Worst school my children have Ever attended.

I just want to say I think it's great that Winnetonka has the daycare for the teen moms. Education is important and some of these girls might not have another choice. Kids make mistakes. If you think your kid isn't doing things with the opposite sex then you are probably in denial. All we can do is educate them and hope they do the right thing. All high schools have teen pregnancy. This high school is just one of the few who choose to help these girls. I for one am proud to support this school. This could be a rumor but i heard they are opening a 2nd daycare at NKC high school too. We only had one issue with a certain teacher and it is just now finally being taken care of. That's why I give them 4 stars instead of 5.

Winnetonka High School is amazing. As a current student, I would say my experience was amazing. The only problems are times and teachers. If you need help in school the teachers (yes everyone) will tell you only to come in after school or intervention instead of answering that little question you might have. The problem with teachers as well is bullying. I have been getting bullied since the first day of school. ALL of the bulling has occurred in front of the teachers. Example people would bully me right in front of the teachers and all the teachers would do is look ay me-raise one eyebrow and do nothing. i highly think Winnetonka should work more on paying attention to the students and help them. Also the teachers all give out homework every single day. Some of us have busy schedules after school. They just don't care as long as you turn it in on time. Some teachers do not give the students freedom in their education. This high school suspends students for the most irrelevant reasons. I highly think this school should work on be a community of helping each other.

My school is the best in the district. Everyone is so chill and you can literally talk to anyone you want. We are not cliche and i never see signs of someone getting bullied. We work really hard daily and most students are involved in some type of club, organization, fine art,and or sport. i hate that people only look at test scores to determine whether or not a school is good because we're a a family and have a great teachers awesome students and a fun but rigorous learning environment,. i'm only a sophomore (class of 2017) but i can't see myself going anywhere. Once a Griffin always a Griffin.

Currently my 2 children would attend Winnetonka. Instead I send them to North Kansas City High School. Partly because NKHS has the IB program and because I do not want my children to attend a high school that has a daycare in it for the student population. Funnily enough, I am a liberal but the thought of sending my kids to a school that caters to the pregant teenage population disturbs me.

Winnetonka is a great school! Lot's of nice people. North Kansas City School District is awesome/

I love going to tonka and it's not as bad as people say. By the way it's no zoo. Crime is a part of life and happens at almost every school. I love it here and nobody can change my mind.

Last modified Winnetonka High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.