Kansas City, MO
Students enrolled: 1,346

Winnetonka High School 3

Posted October 19, 2014
Winnetonka High School is amazing. As a current student, I would say my experience was amazing. The only problems are times and teachers. If you need help in school the teachers (yes everyone) will tell you only to come in after school or intervention instead of answering that little question you might have. The problem with teachers as well is bullying. I have been getting bullied since the first day of school. ALL of the bulling has occurred in front of the teachers. Example people would bully me right in front of the teachers and all the teachers would do is look ay me-raise one eyebrow and do nothing. i highly think Winnetonka should work more on paying attention to the students and help them. Also the teachers all give out homework every single day. Some of us have busy schedules after school. They just don't care as long as you turn it in on time. Some teachers do not give the students freedom in their education. This high school suspends students for the most irrelevant reasons. I highly think this school should work on be a community of helping each other.

Posted October 02, 2014
My school is the best in the district. Everyone is so chill and you can literally talk to anyone you want. We are not cliche and i never see signs of someone getting bullied. We work really hard daily and most students are involved in some type of club, organization, fine art,and or sport. i hate that people only look at test scores to determine whether or not a school is good because we're a a family and have a great teachers awesome students and a fun but rigorous learning environment,. i'm only a sophomore (class of 2017) but i can't see myself going anywhere. Once a Griffin always a Griffin.

Posted August 22, 2014
Currently my 2 children would attend Winnetonka. Instead I send them to North Kansas City High School. Partly because NKHS has the IB program and because I do not want my children to attend a high school that has a daycare in it for the student population. Funnily enough, I am a liberal but the thought of sending my kids to a school that caters to the pregant teenage population disturbs me.

Posted July 18, 2013
Winnetonka is a great school! Lot's of nice people. North Kansas City School District is awesome/

Posted November 13, 2012
I love going to tonka and it's not as bad as people say. By the way it's no zoo. Crime is a part of life and happens at almost every school. I love it here and nobody can change my mind.

Posted February 04, 2012
This school is a complete mess!! My child was assaulted by another student last week and the vice principle yell in my face and refused to help me. I am not sending my child back to this trashy school. I hope that Oak Park or Staley can provide a safer and more professional environment. The students have total control over the teachers. There maybe 3 of 30 children focusing in class. What a waste of my tax dollars. Remove your children from this ZOO if you LOVE them.

Winnetonka High School 3

Posted September 21, 2010
I graduated from Tonka in '01, back then it didn't have the bad rep it has now. My parents actually relocated so my brother wouldn't have to go there! It used to have 2 extremes - the rich and the poor kids. I always liked the teachers but the in-school student baby nursery did the rep in, especially when other schools starting sending all of the pregnant teens to Tonka. Good idea but didn't quite help the schools rep. This school now really needs a makeover and better athletics!!

Posted November 22, 2009
My two kids graduated in 2204 and 2008, scored in the 30s on the ACT, and were accepted into prestigious colleges. This is a great school that provides lots of opportunities.

Winnetonka High School 4

Posted August 19, 2008
I'm a senior at Tonka, and I really enjoy going there. There are many different groups and every one is accepted. The teachers care about their students' success and there are multiple opportunities for students to get help from not only their teacher, but from other teachers as well. The activities provided for students are broad and most can find something they enjoy. Plus, the performing arts groups are absolutely great!

Posted August 17, 2008
I hate going to winnetonka high... M first week there i had my purse stolen! the students do not care about learning, and the teachers really dont care... Thew only thing i really like about this school is the food!

Winnetonka High School
5815 NE 48th St, Kansas City, MO  64119
Last modified Winnetonka High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Winnetonka High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top