PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Not enough (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Parent (1 response)

St Elizabeth Elementary School 1

Posted April 07, 2016
It is interesting that as I consider re-enrolling my son into St. Elizabeth I am following my instincts to look onto other private schools. We will not be enrolling here again. There is a review that mirrors our experience exactly posted two years prior to my writing this explaining that St. E is terrible at handling children who think outside of their "cookie cutter" ideal / "it takes a village" mentality. We are currently in the middle of weekly correspondence with the administration, child counseling, allergy testing, food allergy testing, pediatric assessment for ADD/ADHD, teacher monitoring of my sons interaction in class and the list goes on to figure out "what's wrong" with my son. And they WANT ACCESS to his counseling session records that we are paying for, after school hours on our own time!!! Although he remains strong in his grades, his self-esteem has dropped immeasurably due to special classes and times allotted for him to do his assignments removing him from allotted social times such as recess and specials. As it turns out, he would rather spend his time here so he doesn't have to be exposed to other students bullying him. We are avid outdoor family, active in community and sports and grounded with God. We know the face of our food, the reality of what hard work is and have watched our son grow into a healthy, strong and mentally capable young man. However, the administration at St. Elizabeth feels that a child who stands up for himself has a discipline problem. There is a group of "popular" children who coincidentally have parents that hold different board and member positions throughout the school and extracurricular activities and the bullying resides within these ranks.... unpunished or addressed. If you don't mind going along with the crowd and raising your child to be like everyone else you will love it here. Independent thinkers beware!

Grateful to: Parent

Posted April 07, 2016
I would like to say thank you to my wife for helping me understand the true value of our son's education.

Teacher effectiveness: Effective

Posted April 07, 2016
Teaching is effective, the handling of social interaction is very lacking. They do not like to handle adversity in student interaction.

Posted October 14, 2014
Saint E is a great school. My pre-k is thriving there! She has begged her father and me to take her everyday, unfortunately we enrolled late and got only a part time (three days a week). Great teachers, they truly care about the children and their safety. I'm very pleased with Saint Elizabeth, very caring teachers and wonderful atmosphere. I drop her off and leave with the peace of mind knowing that she is well taken care off and receiving a great education and the bonus of aiding us (parents) with the traditions and a catholic based education which is very important to us as a family. Gali's mom

St Elizabeth Elementary School 2

Posted April 01, 2014
The way St. Elizabeth dealt with my daughter was a disgrace. First, they told us there was "something wrong" with her and pressured us to have her tested, assessed and screened at our expense. None of this turned up any problems. It did, however, damage my child's self-esteem. Next, we were subjected to constant all-hands-on-deck meetings where the administration told us how concerned they were, never mind that our daughter's report cards showed steady progress and her behavior had improved dramatically. Finally, it was made clear that she would not be welcomed back to the school for second grade, but this decision was communicated to us at such a late date that it has been difficult for us to find a new school for our daughter. By their own admission, St. Elizabeth doesn't want our daughter back because she's "different." She thinks, acts and works in a way that's unlike other students. It doesn't matter that she reads beautifully, learns quickly, is extremely bright and loves everybody. This is a coercive school that wants each student to fit into a mold. If you have children who think and act like individuals, don't send them here.

Posted October 25, 2010
Great teachers. Great community. And, as my kids always say when they're asked this question, great cafeteria food--especially the sloppy joes.

Posted October 14, 2010
I love the community feeling of this church & school. It is just AWESOME!!!

Posted October 13, 2010
The school provides a great education and an opportunity to be a part of an incredible community.

St Elizabeth Elementary School 4

Posted October 12, 2010
Academically challenging. Students are well prepared for the private high schools in the area. This is an incredible community... like and extended family.

Posted October 11, 2010
The community, the kids, the teachers and staff. Everyone works together to make it the best school it can be!

14 W 75th St, Kansas City, MO  64114
Last modified St Elizabeth Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8