Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

We just moved to Lee's Summit from Houston TX in Sept. 2016. We left a school system that was rated a 6 and believed that the grades were not that big of a deal in Houston and boy were we wrong. The teachers and Staff were not at all engaged, personal and much more to complain about. We felt our kids were being left behind to say the least. Very unmotivated. When we first got to Summit Pointe we were given a full tour of the school. The entire staff in the office took time to make us feel welcome. The principal and vice principal came away from a meeting to spend time to say hello and welcome us. Thereafter we enrolled our kids and the teachers reached out to us letting us know our kids are transitioning great via email. They communicated very well. The entire on boarding or enrollment process was very organized and well set up. On there first day, my wife had an unexpected and very much emergency surgery. The entire staff was very supportive and reached to us to let us know, if there was anything at all they could do to help, to let them know. Who does that? It's been about 2 weeks since the surgery. Today my son brings home a card that says "Thinking of you". It was a card from our oldest sons 3rd grade teacher that had a very heartfelt message inside assuring us our son is doing great and not to worry about him, but, focus on getting well. Mind you, for the most part, we are strangers in person, but, our kids are in there care daily. The note was from a teacher who is a very busy woman and preparing for parent teacher conferences too. As if she wasn't busy enough. What kind of school is Summit Pointe you ask? It's the Best! It's a school with teachers and staff who excell.Teachers who have empathy for there students and there home life too. It's a school that will make us do whatever it takes to buy a house close enough, that we remain in there school district next year. We are blessed to be here and wanted to share our experiences we have had and in such a short time with you. Today, I have to say that I had tears of joy for our situation. At the end of the day, it was another example of excellence in teachers. Respectfully, The Work Family

I have two children (K and 2nd grade) who attend Summit Pointe. While my personal experience with SPE has been positive, I am concerned about the less than optimal test scores among our 3rd through 6th grade students. Considering students at neighboring schools (TRE and HHE) with similar demographics are faring much better on standardized exams, there is a need for SPE administrators, faculty, staff, parents, and students to identify and solve the problems contributing to these lower scores.

Absolutely love, love, love SPE! I have a 1st & 3rd graders. The entire staff goes well ABOVE & BEYOND what one might expect from a public school, very impressed

My son is in kindergarten here and we couldn't be happier. His teacher is so attentive and kind. She is absolutely amazing with the students- and all the kids look up to her. She is wonderful about communicating. All emails I send to her are answered within 24 hours. She lets us know if she ever has a planned absence and there will be a substitute. In general, the school is a very friendly and supportive environment. The teachers all seem to care about the students. We are happy we get to spend many more years with this school.

I have three children at SPE and have been VERY pleased. They are learning so much in a VERY safe(sometimes it seems a little TOO much safety) environment. I have never heard of bullying, or fights or anything like that occurring. The staff is wonderful and attentive to the parents and students. The parent involvement is amazing. The parents are very involved with the activities at the school as well.

Last modified Summit Pointe Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.