Lake St Louis, MO

Green Tree Elementary School 2

Posted May 25, 2014
My son is ready to graduate 5th grade. I don't know why there was so much homework. It would take at least 2 hours a night to get some of the homework done. The math was ridiculous. The math problems on the homework just went on and on. About 50 problems. Then there was Science packet, History packet, spelling packet and a vocabulary packet. Yes all for homework. This poor kid had no play time if he were to finish it all. The teacher started sitting him out in the hallway to get homework done while then missing what was being taught in class. Also he would not get recess to finish homework. He gained 40lbs in a year due to no physical activity. I pleaded with the teacher for help. Also asked why so much homework? Never any good answer. I asked about an IEP. No, they don't do that. I will be so glad he will be out of this school. I don't know if it was a bad teacher or too much expectation for a 5th grader. The principle and the teachers with their degrees in education need to figure out how to teach at school and not leave it up to the parent at home. I don't mind helping a little. But 2 hours! God help the next 5th graders to attend!

Posted April 27, 2013
green tree elementary my granddaughter loves this school and has friends both from there and some that have moved on

Posted October 01, 2012
My daughter has attended Green Tree Elementary School from 1st-3rd grade so far and she couldn't be happier. I have found the staff friendly and knowledgeable. The teachers are first rate and have always given us great student assessments so we know where my kid stands academically. Classrooms and building are very clean and well laid out. I have never heard a complaint about anything as of yet from my kid. Lastly the lunches are healthy and delicious as reviewed by my kid who is a very picky eater. I would like to give the teachers , principal & staff a huge thanks for their commitment and conduct. Green Tree truly deserves the 5 STARS I posted! Keep up the amazing work faculty!

Posted October 01, 2012
Green Tree is an amazing K-5 school! There is nothing I can point out that needs Improvement. These teachers and faculty really care about their students. Rating is an easy 10/10 (or 5 stars).

Green Tree Elementary School 2

Posted July 13, 2012
My son attended kindergarten there last year, and the school seems very clean and the staff quite friendly. There is a huge problem with their communication though. The only personal comments about my son made by his teacher were at the one scheduled conference. When I asked what they were doing in class she directed me to a general kindergarten newsletter, and I had to hound her to give out his class schedule. A simple CLASS newsletter would be quite welcome, perhaps with the specifics of what MY child was doing, but his teacher didn't think she had the time, and the principal seemed to think this was quite acceptable.

Posted October 05, 2011
My son is in second grade. He loves Green Tree and I have seen his level of maturity grow. The teachers are very nice and the level of work he is doing is commendable however I don't agree with the timed tests where a certain amount of math questions must be answered in 90 seconds flat. At his age, the focus should be more on understanding the principles and not rushing to answer all the questions and making silly mistakes along the way. Overall its a good school, you just have to work with the teacher so your child's individual needs are met. After all you know your child best.

Posted August 02, 2011
Our son attend Green Tree and will be in Third Grade this year. For the most part we love this school! Most of the teachers are great and the parents are very involved. Being a small community this has a very large impact on the students. The only thing lacking is the "Principal Leadership" I think compared to some schools in the district it is substandard.

Posted August 02, 2011

Posted April 06, 2010
My daughter is in Kindergarten and it has been a great experience. This is a great school with awesome involvement from teachers and parents.

Posted October 03, 2009
Green Tree Elementary is a great school. They really care about their students and parents are proud to help.

Green Tree Elementary School
1000 Ronald Reagan, Lake St Louis, MO  63367
Last modified Green Tree Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Green Tree Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top