Bad
Good

My daughter has had a wonderful kindergarten year at Pierremont. The teachers and staff are warm and friendly. My daughter has had a greater opportunity than our older child that attended another elementary years before. What I found very important is this years slogan "Pierremont were everybody knows your name" was spot on, in a school of 400 I was surprised to find that everyone knew my little girl. The technology in the classroom was impressive with computers for the kids and smart boards. The stress urgency of fitness and nutrition for a healthy way of life was nice. Though I would say that I was overwhelmed by the amount of fundraising to raise the pto budget of 27000, with 400 students it cost roughly 75per student which I would have rather paid than have an endless stream of fundraisers coming home.

My son has learned a lot at this school...however, he had a VERY rough first two years. I would receive calls nearly every day for his inability to "make good choices" (for example, fidgeting, not really wanting to do a task he's already done 10 times). Then the counselor suggested he may need to be medicated because surely his fidgeting was related to his having ADD or autism, despite the fact that this suggestion was completely unsupported by his pediatrician. I later found out from at least 7 other parents' kids in his class that the counselor had suggested that their kids also had medical issues due to similar problems. I was seriously considering putting him in a different school, but this year he seems to have found the right teacher and greater maturity and is truly flourishing. I'm very disappointed, however, in this school's readiness to recommend medical treatments for kids who "make bad choices."

My 3 children attended this warm and wonderful school.They were all well-prepared in academic and social skills and have grown into successful, contributing adults. I give much credit to the educators and atmosphere of tolerance, respect, and high standards set at Pierremont.

I had 2 boys attend Pierremont and they had nothing but wonderful memories. They learned structure and honesty. The counselor was caring and very helpful to our family. Every teacher they had did a great job in teaching them more than just the basics, taking time with them individually when needed. They have moved on to Middle School and have had a hard time adjusting to cruelty of children from other elementary schools. It's a shame all schools don't teach Respect, Honesty and Caring for Others the way Pierremont does.

Pierremont Elementary is a school of highly dedicated and supportive teachers. They truly care for each student and put learning on the highest of priorities. Our musical performances every year our phenomenal. It is impossible to walk the hallways and not be impressed with the amazing artwork done by Pierremont students. We have now experienced Pierremont teachers at every grade level. We have had only great experiences with each and every one of them. They never fail to impress! We will miss the Pierremont community when our children move on to middle school.

My oldest child (who has gone on to middle school) had an average experience here, but for my younger child, it has been fantastic. Five years of excellent teachers and small class sizes. As far as Pierremont focusing too much on MAP testing, I'm afraid that will be the case at just about any Parkway (or any public school in St. Louis). Pierremont has an excellent new art teacher which is great, the gifted education teacher has been a favorite of both my children and Pierremont has an excellent library and library staff. On the negative side, parental/PTO involvement could use a lot of improvement. Many of the really involved parents have move on to middle school and there haven't been many 'newer' parents that have stepped up.

Teachers and principal are far too concerned with MAP testing. It seems my child only learns / hears about is the test - nothing practical and sensible.

Both of my children have done very well at Pierremont. My son is in 1st grade and my daughter is in kindergarten. I spend a lot of time with both of my kids with reading, writing, and math-even though one of them is gifted. Teachers do a lot of work and are stretched with dealing with kids who require more attention. Parents need to be more accountable and be involved with their kids' education and if you are having issues with a teacher, speak up-they do listen.

My 1st grade son had a horrible year last year. He was always in trouble with his teacher - for what I considering to be pointless things such as playing with his eraser. When the class had a student teacher he did fine and learned a lot. I also felt that the communication was more open with the student teacher, she was more willing to try things that the actual classroom teacher. The only reason we stayed in the district was because our move fell through. Luckily, my son is having a better year. I feel tha Ms Cain needs to reconsider some of her staff so that students actual enjoy learning.

My 1st grader started below level in reading rating an 'A' on the reading chart. He is now reading well into the 2nd grade level at the completion of 1st grade. Congratulations, Miss Tobin & Miss Bach on a job well done!

Last modified Pierremont Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.