Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)

Posted May 11, 2016
Field truly cares about each and every student who walks through the door. The staff receive excellent training opportunities through the IB program and are all highly qualified. Field students also have the opportunity to begin learning a second language, in addition to other fine arts offered.

Posted January 24, 2016
I have 3 children at Field (1 in 3rd grade and twins in Kindergarten). My children LOVE school. All of them have progressed really well and continue to enjoy learning. The teachers are very supportive and work with each of them to help them develop as individuals. The IB format allows them to see the impact they have on the world as well as how changes impact them. It's a great way for my children to learn and explore.

Posted January 14, 2016
We transfered in from another Greene County Public school. I was worried because my son was already failing in most subjects at the time of our transfer from attending another school. We didn't know anyone, as we walked up to the door on the first day we were greeted by Mrs. JJ. She is the sweetest. My boys felt welcomed and comfortable already before they walked in their class. After their first report card I was preparing for the worst. I saw their grades increase by 2 letter grades. The next report card, again their grades continue to increase. I found out their system and what all they do and how they interacted with the children, I was impressed. To be honest, rarely did they need help at home with homework because they knew what they were doing. They were taught in detail. Because this is an IB school, extra subjects are taught such as spanish. My kids did great in Spanish. My other son who is in 2nd grade, he can speak complete sentences in Spanis; never ever have they been taught a word of Spanish. They ended the school year with A's and B's. I do not know all of the staff, but any time I had a situation that I was concerned about, the Principal, and counclor took care of it. The teachers that I interacted with, are superior. This is a remarkable school, there are so many other things to list. They allow parents to be Involved, they have activities for parents to be involved. I really wish we discovered this school in their early years.

Field Elementary School 1

Posted April 02, 2014
So glad to be away from this school. Once out of the District my child's teacher came to me, noticing that my A student was struggling with math concepts. After two meetings she finally received the testing I had asked for at Field. Sure enough my child has a learning disability. But unlike most she was an overachiever with a high IQ and she had a parent fighting to get her help. It is strange to celebrate a disability but, we finally had answers and a game plan moving forward. With minor coaching and 3 short quarters, she has raised one grade level in math, from 6th to 12th grade reading and comprehension, 10th grade writing and off the charts on vocabulary...she is in 5th grade!! While I was seen as problematic at Field, I have been congratulated at our new school for truly seeing an issue, but I did not have to, the teacher came to me after watching her and reading her records from Field. She has been awarded citizenship awards, awards for dedication to scholastics and awarded for outstanding character. SO much for the IB school. They missed out! Thank Goodness my daughter is NOW thriving! Sometimes putting effort into our children pays off, FIELD missed this.

Posted April 02, 2014
I have 3 kids currently at Field. I can't say enough about this awesome school. This school has some amazing teachers. They teach the kids to think not just give the "right" answer. They teach kids to notice the world around them. The units of study are amazing and taught in fun and exciting ways. The PYP (IB school) principals are taught in all areas of study, which including things like being inquisitive, caring, and open minded. The parent involvement is higher than any other school that I have seen. The principal is amazing and takes the time to get to know each of the kids at the school and smile at them daily. I highly recommend this school.

Field Elementary School 2

Posted March 12, 2013
Not quite the school I was expecting, and yes bullying seems to be a common theme. We have had some great, some okay teachers. We have been to another school in the district and this one does seem to cater to whomever is writing the biggest checks, allowing improper behavior to go unchecked to those at the top of the socioeconomic spectrum. Other than the IB title, I believe the other school did a better job of keeping behavior issues at a minimum. When kids do not feel playground games are respectably played or safe, and that the teachers simply do not care, learning falls short. And, as the parent below suggested , it does seem rather closed environment. There is definitely ALOT of room for improvement ! I am not sure an 8 is an appropriate grade for this school. You do hear alot about the bullying at every event you attend. It is too bad.

Posted October 13, 2009
I don't know how this school hasn't gotten a review yet... This is probably the best school in Springfield for young children. Our daughter is in kindergarten here and is learning how to speak spanish, give presentations, and many other things that I remember learning in high school!

Field Elementary School

Posted June 03, 2009
Great learning environment. Wonderful teachers.

Field Elementary School
2120 Barataria, Springfield, MO  65804
Last modified Field Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.