Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

I attended Mann (years ago) and have had 3 of my children there. It has greatly improved over the last 8 years that our family has been attending. The (new) Secretary and Nurse are very sweet. The Principal is actively involved in making school a positive experience for the children. The librarian, music teacher, PE coach, and art teacher are excellent. The teachers have been nothing short of superior with a few exceptions. The individuals that I had issues with have retired. My oldest is now in middle school and was fully prepared for that transition. My other two love school and I have no trouble getting them to get up and go to school each day. That says something, in my opinion.

Develops character: Disagree

They protect they bully and not the victim. They put more spin on situations than a crooked politician!

The principal and staff give BULLYS more protection and rights than the victims! They're more concerned with test scores than stopping violence. I can't wait to bring this to the school board. There is a reason they have a score of 4-10. I'd rather send my kid to Jeffries! Parents beware!

This school has no interest in the kids and their education. The principal is more interested in personal matters and insignificant occurrences than educating the kids. Teachers are disinterested, burnt out and certainly not vested in helping the children. I'm embarrassed for my child to attend here. This staff is not available to help your child, nor do they care about your child. Read the online ratings of this place. Pathetic!

My 2 grandchildren go to Horace Mann and have both had great teachers who seem to take a personal interest in the children. I had to pick up my g'daughter this a.m. from the nurse's office and she was calm and well-cared for until I got to her. The special recognition of "student of the month" in each classroom is designed to inspire good behavior, manners and participation. The principal is very involved in all of the daily activities of the school.

Completely disgusted with this school. School smells, makes me sick to my stomach every time I go in. Not sure what it is, but it is definitely not a "clean smell". Teachers are distant, little creativity for learning going on. Principal stands in hallway more engaged in personal phone (texts or otherwise) than running the school Completely disgusted that this is the school that my daughter is attending. Had I known how horrible this school was, I would have moved into a better district.

I attended Horace Mann Elementary as a child and now I have two daughters who attend Mann. I have been very pleased with my experience over the last several years. Both of my daughters have had teachers who have been wonderful role models as well as challenging them to be the best they can be academically. My daughters kindergarten teacher has a cutting edge literacy based classroom which has made a significant impact on our educational experience.

Not a proud parent 2 have my kids in Horace Mann. This is 1 of the rudest, hateful schools ever. The OFFICE staff is snooty, RUDE, HATEFUL & JUDGMENTAL! VERY unprofessional. In person/phone. horrible attitudes! Went today 2 school at 3:20 & was constantly questioned why I was there? & was I aware that I was interrupting their classes when school lets out at 3:30. The person wouldn't accept that I just wanted 2 go to their classes to see how their doing in class & 2 pick them up at 3:30. Was talked 2 like a child & they were VERY unprofessional. (ALWAYS this way) I am a parent that participates in school activities they have & don't deserve that. My kids r both VERY unhappy 2 attend here, as am I! Lots of parents agree! Looking into a transfer asap. Don't recommend this school to anyone! PLEASE consider another!

After driving to school today in 28 degree weather I noticed quite a few children without coats. (Come on parents, its flu season). I contacted the Principal to try to get a reminder sent out to the parents to properly dress their kids for the weather change. She flat out made one excuse after another for the kids NOT wearing coats. WOW! Its 28 degrees... really!!!! This school has also been reported to have a rodent infestation, refuses to let the kids partake in any holiday events, rude staff, poor communications & notifications with the parents on upcoming events. My child just switched to this school & went from an excellent student to being told that he is struggling & is sent home sick about every 2 weeks. I have younger kids in the home NOT getting sick! ALL the parents that I have spoke with are also upset.

My 7 year old daughter LOVES this school. It is such a personal and warm atmosphere where students are not just a number. My daughter is new this year at this school and she has felt cared for, and safe here. Her teacher is excellent and loving, treats them as individuals. I am so impressed and appreciate how much she has thrived since she started going here.

Last modified Horace Mann Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.