Springfield, MO

Posted May 10, 2015
This school has no interest in the kids and their education. The principal is more interested in personal matters and insignificant occurrences than educating the kids. Teachers are disinterested, burnt out and certainly not vested in helping the children. I'm embarrassed for my child to attend here. This staff is not available to help your child, nor do they care about your child. Read the online ratings of this place. Pathetic!

Horace Mann Elementary School 4

Posted October 24, 2013
My 2 grandchildren go to Horace Mann and have both had great teachers who seem to take a personal interest in the children. I had to pick up my g'daughter this a.m. from the nurse's office and she was calm and well-cared for until I got to her. The special recognition of "student of the month" in each classroom is designed to inspire good behavior, manners and participation. The principal is very involved in all of the daily activities of the school.

Posted September 10, 2013
Completely disgusted with this school. School smells, makes me sick to my stomach every time I go in. Not sure what it is, but it is definitely not a "clean smell". Teachers are distant, little creativity for learning going on. Principal stands in hallway more engaged in personal phone (texts or otherwise) than running the school Completely disgusted that this is the school that my daughter is attending. Had I known how horrible this school was, I would have moved into a better district.

Posted June 24, 2011
I attended Horace Mann Elementary as a child and now I have two daughters who attend Mann. I have been very pleased with my experience over the last several years. Both of my daughters have had teachers who have been wonderful role models as well as challenging them to be the best they can be academically. My daughters kindergarten teacher has a cutting edge literacy based classroom which has made a significant impact on our educational experience.

Posted October 29, 2010
Not a proud parent 2 have my kids in Horace Mann. This is 1 of the rudest, hateful schools ever. The OFFICE staff is snooty, RUDE, HATEFUL & JUDGMENTAL! VERY unprofessional. In person/phone. horrible attitudes! Went today 2 school at 3:20 & was constantly questioned why I was there? & was I aware that I was interrupting their classes when school lets out at 3:30. The person wouldn't accept that I just wanted 2 go to their classes to see how their doing in class & 2 pick them up at 3:30. Was talked 2 like a child & they were VERY unprofessional. (ALWAYS this way) I am a parent that participates in school activities they have & don't deserve that. My kids r both VERY unhappy 2 attend here, as am I! Lots of parents agree! Looking into a transfer asap. Don't recommend this school to anyone! PLEASE consider another!

Posted October 29, 2010
After driving to school today in 28 degree weather I noticed quite a few children without coats. (Come on parents, its flu season). I contacted the Principal to try to get a reminder sent out to the parents to properly dress their kids for the weather change. She flat out made one excuse after another for the kids NOT wearing coats. WOW! Its 28 degrees... really!!!! This school has also been reported to have a rodent infestation, refuses to let the kids partake in any holiday events, rude staff, poor communications & notifications with the parents on upcoming events. My child just switched to this school & went from an excellent student to being told that he is struggling & is sent home sick about every 2 weeks. I have younger kids in the home NOT getting sick! ALL the parents that I have spoke with are also upset.

Posted May 28, 2010
My 7 year old daughter LOVES this school. It is such a personal and warm atmosphere where students are not just a number. My daughter is new this year at this school and she has felt cared for, and safe here. Her teacher is excellent and loving, treats them as individuals. I am so impressed and appreciate how much she has thrived since she started going here.

Horace Mann Elementary School

Posted July 20, 2008
Teachers at this school are very wonderful and helpful in the academics of my children.

Posted May 30, 2007
This is a wonderful school with teachers and school faculty who are caring an very involved with the students. My daughter loves it there and will go to middle school soon and I hope it is as wonderful for her as Horace Mann.

Posted August 25, 2004
I attended Horace Mann K-6 from 1974-1981. It was a great experience for me and I had many great teachers. Now I have a daughter that attends first grade at Horace Mann and a daughter that will be in Kindergarten there next year. Horace Mann was the main reason that we moved into this neighborhood. The Parent involvement is Awesome and the teachers are wonderful. My daughter had Mrs. Hlavacek for Kindergarten and we could not have been happier. I have heard nothing but wonderful things about the other K teachers as well. We are looking forward to another great year at Horace Mann.

Horace Mann Elementary School
3745 South Broadway, Springfield, MO  65807
Last modified Horace Mann Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Horace Mann Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top