Springfield, MO

Westport Elementary School 3

Posted March 01, 2015
Scholl is awesome but with school having a reputation of kidnaps and violence , you would think children would have bus transportation. . My daughter is 9 and I was told she lived to close to ride the bus that she had to walk. .. a 9 year old walking home from school in this area is frightening! !!! School needs bus transportation fit for children in elementary and middle school these children are to young and defenseless to be walking home alone! !!!!

Posted February 20, 2015
this school is horrible!! My youngest who is 9 gets bullied every day he is there i have went multiple times to the office and both principals and have only got oh we will do something but nothing has happen an my child is not the only one who gets bullied i also get told by the same child i don't even know that i am "a skanky hoe" an i get told i was being inappropriate when i tell her i don't care!! i would recommend if you live close to the school pay to go to a new school its that bad!

Westport Elementary School 5

Posted January 16, 2015
I have 2 children in this school and it's great! Teachers seem to really care for each student and communicate with me very well. It recently became a K-8 school and with that came some great updates and remodels to the school and playground.

Westport Elementary School 4

Posted November 07, 2013
My son attends this school. Coming into the year as a new student, I am finding everyone to be helpful, and concerned with his education. They seem proactive, and not reactive. I would so far recommend this school to other students.

Westport Elementary School 4

Posted July 16, 2013
My son loves this school why you ask because of the teachers there and the whole stuff as well. for me I also like it because they are so understanding and willing to do what it takes to work with your children. when my son came here he was entering 1st grade he was having a very hard time getiing the hang of reading and his teacher worked really hard with him as well as the reading teacher and now my son can read like a grown adult. i would reccomened this school to anyone.

Posted January 11, 2013
My son was a straight A student til we came to this school. His teacher acts like the fifth graders that she teaches. I do not like this school and would recommend that you take your kids else where and fifth graders parents ask you kids how there teacher acts. My kids teacher acts like a child.

Posted May 17, 2008
I have noticed that the teachers at this school does not know how to handle children. I have a very active child and moved here last year.she was a a b honor student until we moved here. when trying to set up a time to meet with teacher/principal they have not returned my phone calls for a month now.Please keep your children away from this school

Westport Elementary School

Posted March 09, 2008
I agree that they need to do something about the parking and after school pick up. I can't tell you how many times either myself or my daughter have almost gotten hit trying to cross the street or just by impatient driving...the school is ok..habit program is a good idea.

Westport Elementary School 3

Posted May 09, 2007
I like the school, don't get me wrong. But there are quite a few problems with the school that I just don't care for. The parking is just terrible. And the other thing is, the teachers focus more on Habit points then my child's education. Habit stands for homework, attendance, behavior, initiative, and traveling. Is there an E in there? E for education. My son gets straight A's, but yet gets points taken off because he's an over active child with a huge imagination and is acting as a child should.

Westport Elementary School 5

Posted December 14, 2006
I appreciate the HABIT program! My son is in the 1st Grade and understands that those things are things he can control. I love the teachers so far and have seen great progress in my son's education! He is reading and writing at a great level and his math skills have blown me away! The music and art departments are so cool! The Holiday Program is always a riot to watch - they tie everything together so well! I can honestly say that I'm happy with the education my child is getting from this school!

Westport Elementary School
415 South Golden, Springfield, MO  65802
Last modified Westport Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Westport Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top