Posted November 04, 2013
The Summit Prep. is much more than just a private school where the kids wear a uniform. As an independent school, I feel that the Summit educates students in the true meaning of community involvement and leadership. We were first drawn to the Summit due to the tailored curriculum, integrated foreign language, and very small class size (by policy). What has kept us here are the innovative ways students interact and collaborate with local community groups and institutions. (Too many examples to list.) Best of all, my kids love going to school. They would be very upset if I made them attend a different school!

The Summit Preparatory School 3

Posted November 01, 2012
Unfortunately this school is becoming a parody of itself. You will note that most positive reviews below were within a month's time frame in 2011. We as parents were told to "review the school" on this site for positive influence. Including all fees the tuition for Summit is now double the other private schools in the area and the experience in return simply does not merit it. Folks are friendly, kids are safe, but learning is very self-directed and if there is even one "discipline problem" in a classroom you'll find it quite easily falls apart. Of course if tuition is paid, consequences lean toward the minimal. Most dissatisfied parents quietly leave because we all had high hopes for this school and in recent years it has simply lurched from one near disaster to the next in both administration and financing. Some teachers are remarkable, but now saddled with class sizes of 25+ which makes intimate education difficult. Others have been truly awful. We left Summit and found the kids performance went up sharply. As with anything, there is a tendency for parents/politics to want a sense of prestige/exclusivity when the actual product ends up not living up to marketing.

Posted November 09, 2011
The Summit is a spectacular school and is unlike any other school in the region (even other private schools). Trust me, I've looked! I have a preschooler and a 2nd grader who both speak Spanish more fluently than I do, play piano in music class, and LOVE to go to school. My daughter is reading 3 grades above grade level. Just finished book 2 of Harry Potter and is diving into 3 (she's 7). My oldest attended another school before moving to The Summit and begged not to have to go to school in the morning because she was so bored. In our two years at the Summit I have never heard that again. The teachers are passionate and inspiring and the parents are involved in every aspect of the school. It is hard to make the leap to pay for private school especially with multiple kids and a budget, but when weighed against the outstanding education they're receiving, it's a no-brainer. We'll skimp in other areas, but not their education. I highly recommend it.

Posted October 26, 2011
The Summit has truely inspired the joy of learning in my son. He started at The Summit in kindergarten a very shy child who was afraid to leave his parents. He now cannot wait to get to school in the morning, and is very comfortable giving oral presentations and performances in front of not only his class but the entire school. He has blossomed! I know that at The Summit he will be guided, supported, and challenged in order to reach his full potential.

Posted October 26, 2011
My kids started at The Summit last year and have loved it ever since. I have two boys with completely different learning styles, one is very independent and the other needs direction and both have flourished at the Summit. The school has truly instilled a love of learning in both. We transferred from a good public school in Springfield that had 25-28 kids in each of their classes, needless to say a lot of the time was spent managing students behavior issues not teaching. At the Summit bad behavior is not tolerated and this gives the teachers the ability to teach in the classroom instead of discipline. With small class sizes the teachers are able to accomodate different learning styles with time to accomplish most tasks during the day thus alleviating the need to pile on the homework like they did at public school. If you are looking for a school The Summit should be at the top of your list to visit!!

Posted October 19, 2011
We have loved the Summit since it opened 6 1/2 years ago, it has been so great for our niece and nephew and now our son. The class are small and he gets a lot of individual attention. They have a great idea and are always thinking of creative ways to teach our children.

Posted October 16, 2011
The Summit has facilitated an atmosphere that allows my children to love school and to crave learning. The teachers are incredible and invested in the children. It is a true community.

Posted October 14, 2011
The Summit is a unique setting with small class sizes. The teachers have always been outstanding and my children are learning so much everyday at an advanced paced in the environment provided by the school.

Posted October 14, 2011
We chose the Summit for our children for the small class size, emphasis on Spanish, and the philosophy the school embodies. My children are treated as individuals where their strengths are supported and encouraged and their weaknesses are challenged. My kids love going to school every day and come home happy, energized and full of pride for their school. They amaze me with the knowledge and wisdom they are gaining from the Summit. The teaching staff is superb and the confidence the students exude is a testament to that.

Posted October 13, 2011
The Summit provides a stimulating & individually tailored learning environment for my daughter. I am amazed at what she has learned in just a few short years. At seven years of age, she is comfortable in her knowledge of Spanish to carry on conversations with native Spanish speakers. This is because Spanish is integrated throughout the curriculum. There is language class, but you will also see the P.E. teacher giving instruction in Spanish as well as classes meeting together to practice their conversational skills. Additionally, The Summit has a terrific music program thanks to a great music teacher and a school that is supportive of the arts. Our Fall & Spring Concerts are highlights of the school year and all of the children enjoy participating in the performances. I love sending my daughter to a school that strives for academic excellence as well as making learning fun.

The Summit Preparatory School
2155 W Chesterfield Blvd, Springfield, MO  65807
Last modified The Summit Preparatory School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
The Summit Preparatory School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top