St Charles, MO

Posted March 04, 2015
The teachers are great and communicate well with parents. The district itself has many different professionals available to students, whether they have learning disabilities or are gifted. The principal takes great pride in the school. Encouraging learning environment!

Henderson Elementary School 1

Posted March 02, 2015
We have struggled with Henderson this year. Our son was diagnosed with depression and we have sought the schools help with helping him not feel isolated. Unfortunately, his anxiety has reached a point at school where he sometimes acts out, and their punishment that they feel is appropriate is isolation. He is not dangerous or anything like that, but we feel almost that they have made it harder on us because of his diagnosis and because they knew the rezoning would be happening this upcoming year. We feel as though we (including him) are not welcome and that he gets unfairly punished for things that we have seen other kids getting away with while we were there visiting and observing. I believe he should be held accountable for his actions, but I also feel that they should follow his IEP and that the other students should be held to the same standards.

Henderson Elementary School 1

Posted December 13, 2014
This school has singled out my 3rd grade child by disciplining him using un-equal treatment. I have notified the district to report my concerns but the treatment continues. I feel this un-equal treatment is due to his gender and race.

Posted April 17, 2014
I can't say enough good things about Henderson Elementary. My children have attend there for the last 3 years and have loved every day. The teachers and admin staff are excellent and the Principal is extremely good at her job. I would have no problem recommending this school to anyone wanting a great education for their child. My family have always been made to feel very welcome and part of this wonderful community.

Posted December 01, 2013
Henderson is an amazing school! There is feeling community with a focus on excellence in education. Very welcoming to me, as a parent. The PTO is strong and important in the success of the students. The faculty seem to be there because they genuinely love teaching. Safety, no-bullying, emotional well being, technology and fun are the areas, besides education, that Henderson excels!

Henderson Elementary School 3

Posted August 14, 2013
School is fine but I have a problem with the Francis Howell district. My kid gets home at 5pm sometimes later in winter he will be walking from the bus stop at night. They make it really hard to pick up especially if you are a working single parent. I am all for my child's safety but I do not remember school being like a prison camp my mom used to come up with lunch and eat with me to do that now you have to give two weeks notice. Yea right I have a job sometimes I get off early and would like to do that but I do not know when so I cannot give much notice. I am now searching for a private school for next year I here good thing about a local Lutheran school that is safe without the ridiculous rules.

Posted July 22, 2012
Henderson is a wonderful school for your children to grow in. Both my children, attended from K-5. My daughter had straight A's but was never bored. My son has special needs, but you would never know by how well accepted he was by the students. They both left this school ready for middle school and we miss the teachers everyday.

Posted April 28, 2010
This school are scholars in every area imaginable : leadership,selection & retention of best qualified prfessionals, encouraged and motivating parent involvement, community oriented (actively involved in community, support local businesses and brought the community to school building relationships one business AND family at a time!

Posted June 08, 2009
Love the school, the teachers, the principal and asst principal, the vacation station program, all the specials teachers, everyone! The focus on developing the students' character is just as important and will get them just as far in life as the academics. The kids are nice to each other here, which is fostered through the character education.

Posted October 05, 2008
This is an excellent school, having achieved highest test scores in St. Charles County.

Henderson Elementary School
2501 Hackmann Rd, St Charles, MO  63303
Last modified Henderson Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Henderson Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top