Posted January 29, 2014
I really like how this school has really done great things with the introduction of the principal. Doctor Patterson is great, and is achieving wonderful things there. The nurse always calls every time my daughter goes to the nurses office. The school is overcrowded due to the addition of the Chapel Ridge apartments. My daughter loves attending there, which was not planned correctly to build those apartments in lieu of where the children living there would go. I really have nothing negitive to say.

Skaith Elementary School 2

Posted December 02, 2013
Unfortunately, Skaith has gone downhill significantly in the five years that my children have attended school there. Teachers seem frustrated by the overall learning of the students and have just plain given up. They don't hold the students accountable for anything and instead just doll out good grades. But the test scores prove the children are not learning and the districts refusal to adequately staff the building with full time teachers is a big part of that.

Posted July 24, 2012
My husband and I are extremely pleased with the experience we have had with Skaith. We feel so blessed to be able to send our children to such a good school. The staff is amazing, the children get quality education, we have never once felt unsure or uneasy about sending our children to school at Skaith. I am currently in college studying Elementary Education and I hope I am lucky enough to get a job at a school like Skaith.

Posted May 20, 2012
I have a child with Autism that is in the typical classroom with para support. The Special Ed team there is outstanding!!

Skaith Elementary School 0

Posted June 11, 2008
I feel that Skaith is a great school. My children attended from first grade through sixth. I feel that they have recieved a top notch education and that is partially due to the fact that the pricipal is aware of the curriculum in every class and is personable with each student.

Posted February 02, 2006
At Skaith, we have about 450 students and lots of after school activites. Some extracurricular activities are city basketball, Student Council, Conflict Mediators, Character Kids, Strings, Skaith Singers, and much more. We have a wonderful school layout. The kindergarten and 1st graders are in one hall, the 2nd and 3rd graders are in another, and the 4th, 5th, and 6th are downstairs. We have a cafeteria, a 'new' LRC added in 2000, a gymnasium, a black top, and a field. Skaith houses one of the District's Rainbow programs for the gifted, the STARS programs for special education children, the hearing impaired class, early childhood special education classes, multicategorical special education programs as wells as the regular education program.We also have one of the district's Before and After programs for kids to safely stay at school. I know this sounds like a grown-up wrote this, but a 6th grader did!

Skaith Elementary School
4701 Schoolside Ln, St Joseph, MO  64503
Last modified Skaith Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Skaith Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 6 reviews.