Bad
Good

I attended NHS from 2002-2006. I loved everything about Normandy we had a very active school We had excellent atheletic departments, science & math clubs, and a top culinary arts department. I had excellent teachers. I had many opportunities to participate in advanced & college-prep classes After I completed my sophomore year I left to attend a private catholic high school which was a horrible experience. (I will not name the high school). Once I got there I realized the classes I took as a sophomore at Normandy was not even offered to the seniors at the Catholic school. I was told that because they didn't have any higher & I was required to take the class again & pay for it! I returned to NHS right away! Anywho I am now a graduate of Clark Atlanta University with a 4.0 GPA now attending UMSL to obtain my Masters level degree!

I enjoy the renovations taking place at the school. Very pretty to look at from the outside. The inside of the school is a verry different, not so pretty picture. The guard at the gate is rude to parents, the principals secretary leaves a lot to be desired. The teachers are professional and very helpful. Often I have observed students wandering in the hall and loitering in the stairwells for up to 20 minutes at a time. When people find out what school my child attends, the general consensus is 'that school has really gone down'.

As a former student of NHS, I just wanted to say that it is not an bad school overall. Sure there are a few problems with a few choice people but they don't count for the majority. Of course, negativity will always hold the spotlight so you'll never hear about the good things that go on there. I feel that the only way to know the truth about Normandy is to be there and get to know the people for yourself because everyone there isn't bad. If your child knows how to lead rather than follow the crowd, they should have no problem getting the most out of this school.

The ratings Normandy High School has gotten on this link are OVER-rated! They should all be one stars. The hallways are full of profanity, students are disrespectful to visitors, students are disrespectful to their teachers. Money is spent on athletics such as a brand new football field and AC for the gym, but what about for the classrooms? What happened to that remodeling that was going to take place?

Last modified Normandy High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.