Bad
Good

This is a really solid, sweet little school. I have a kid with some special needs and I have always felt this school is right there to support him. I also really respect the staff and the counselor's efforts to use positive behavior supports to encourage good citizenship and a very pro-active approach to bully prevention. The parent community is very involved,t he teachers and specialists well-supported. This is an ideal community school!

I went through all 6 years plus kinder garden at Edgar Road Elementary School, finishing in 1966. Though I eventually left Webster Groves, I still have fond memories of teachers and friends. As a child I hadn't a clue as to how lucky I was to have attended such a fine school. From what I've read, Edgar Road E is still a great place to educate your child. I hope this never changes.

The district as a whole is a five, ers is a 4, only because of a few issues that we had with our child with special needs. That has to do with the special education staff, not the principal or regular education teachers. However, I would have liked to see the principal put a little more pressure on the spec. Ed folks. I've experienced 6th grade, too,which is a 10 for me, phenomenal staff. Middle school is pretty good too and again wghs s is great....so it is a choose our battles kind of school that is about community and family and hoping for bright futures for kids-they honestly want to see kids do well, with an emphasis on reading. Also, Webster groves is a great district for transients/ people with high public school education expectations.

While my sons have only be at Edgar Road for two years, I have really been blown away by this school district. It is a close family style school district. The principal, teachers, students, staff and parents really take care of each other. Sometimes I am overwhelmed with all the homework my sons have, but I wouldn't want it any other way. I know that this demonstrate that my children are learning, and the measures the teaches go to teach their students. The principal tells my children how we are all family, and we look after one another. The PTA does really great things, and make every effort to involve all parents, including their student resident parents. My only regret is that summer school is limited, and that I can not participate as much as I would like too. This is an amazing school, with great things to offer parents, teachers, staff, and its community.

I love Edgar Road School, because kids are #1! Parents are involved, not not too involved. It feels like home.

I have two children at this school and can't say enough about how wonderful the teachers, administration and parents are. There are many opportunities to get involved. One of my children are in the gifted program and has had a wonderful experience.

Last modified Edgar Road Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.