Grace Chapel Lutheran School 2

Posted June 22, 2014
This school is terrible. The staff is very unfriendly, and the children are out of control. My child have been attending this school for years and it's getting worse. Parents are paying for money poor education. Your basically paying for your child's grade. I had to threaten to call the new station in order to have a parents teacher conference. I am very involved with my child's education , and paid for extra tutoring. Because I noticed struggling with school material. However, the school continued to tell me my child is doing fine. I couldn't understand how I seen the struggle but the teachers didn't. It's simple the teachers are inexperienced and do not care. They are truly there to collect a check and that's it. We will not be returning. There is definitely no staff and parents relationship.

Grace Chapel Lutheran School 2

Posted May 19, 2014
I'm looking for another school for my child. The teacher don't seem that interested in building a relationship with parents or the students. Some of the teachers are not that friendly and don't speak most of the time.

Posted October 02, 2013
Stay away from this school! The teachers are only there to get a check! They are unwilling to have a relationship with parents. Most of the teachers zip through the lessons. In addition, the classrooms are overpacked and unable to be controlled by the teachers. This is a major downfall and causes issues in the learning environment. Some students have parents and or relatives that work at the school. Those students are given special treatment. The principal as well as the front office worker are extremely antisocial and unconcerned. The principle often has his young child at the school during school time. This is distracting and extremely unprofessional as the school is not a daycare. I've never experienced such an unwelcoming and unprofessional environment! One would think an exception would be made considering the fact that parents pay their hard earned money to provide the best possible education for their child. I am really disappointed at my decision to let my child attend this school.

Posted January 03, 2013
This school has a negative environment and poor nurturing aspect for any child. They aren t willing to teach children outside the norm; if a child doesn t fit the cookie cut they have no interest in discovering what teaching method works for that individual. They are more concern about getting through a subject than if a child understands the material. If a child has a learning disability or just need a little more assistance he/she will not get it at this school. In order for a child to success at this school they will need to show great potential. The teachers have NO PATIENCE WITH CHILDREN! So they encourages a parent to spend money on an inside tutor than to do their job. The teachers and especially principal has NO INTEREST in any student s progress. The teachers are very trivial and juvenile; shouldn t be allow work in the educational setting. Every child isn t a visual learning and they don t investigate a child learning abilities- visual, auditory and kinesthetic. Please remember, just because you have a degree to teach that you can.

Posted November 02, 2012
My wife is an alumni of Grace and we have 2 children who have graduated and 2 still attending. Grace provides an outstanding education based on Christian love and values. The few problems we have encountered were worked out in a loving and respectful manner. I highly recommend Grace Chapel School and thank the Principal for his strong leadership and the staff for all their hard work and dedication. My 2 graduates were very well prepared for high school and the 2 still attending are being guided down that same path of success.

Posted May 23, 2011
My Child has attended this school for a year and so far so Good, I feel the teachers do a great job. They tested my child and determine she is reading well above her grade level, she also does great in math. But I also work with my child when she comes home; I question her teachers about her progress and work on any concerns with my child, outside of school.

Posted February 27, 2011
I have to respectfully disagree with one of the other reviewers - my son went through 2nd grade at this school last year, and we got a lot of phonics-related homework. My son's reading level went up at this school, and the second grade teacher was very effective at working with my son lovingly, yet firmly, while having high expectations for his school success. I am not certain why this parent had such a different experience at this school, but I check with my son often, pay attention to his reading and skill levels frequently, and see no lack.

Posted February 23, 2011
STAY AWAY FROM THIS SCHOOL!!! My child attended here K-2. The 2nd grade teacher had no idea that the kids were not being taught phonics.? We moved away and discovered at a public school that my 3rd grader was reading at a 1st grade level. What were we paying for?? This school takes your money and just pushes your kid through. Good luck if your child attends this school. We were blessed with a move and found this early. Those who have childeren that attend here, I recomend you have your child tested by a third party!

Posted February 25, 2008
this is my sons second year and i am very pleased with the staff and students.he is learning at a higher level of learning than public schools.he will be well prepared for college and life after this experience

Grace Chapel Lutheran School 4

Posted September 17, 2007
I am a former student. Throughout my 10 years of school there, I always felt at home. The teachers and students are great! The aspect that I loved the most is that each individual teacher has his/her own method of teaching and will alter that method in order to push each student to perform to his/her highest potential. It is a great school, and I would highly recommend sending your children there.

Grace Chapel Lutheran School
10015 Lance Drive, St. Louis, MO  63137
Last modified Grace Chapel Lutheran School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Grace Chapel Lutheran School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top