Public charter
St. Louis, MO

Posted August 09, 2014
I have a 4th grade son and a 3rd grade daughter at this school- both have been attending since Kindergarten. My kids and I love the school! The academics are excellent. They use the International Baccalaureate Primary Years Program, a rigorous academic program. Yes, the school is diverse and if you are not looking for diversity you should look elsewhere. But how many cities can boast a tuition-free language immersion school? Yay SLLIS!

Posted April 06, 2014
As parents we decide where are children go to school. Thank god we have a choice! A good parent has no excuse/ reason to send their child to this school. Why one would choose to send their child to an uncredited school is beyond me. There are many great options when deciding on a school in St. Louis. This is not one!!

Posted January 05, 2014
If you want your child to be unsafe and uneducated-send them to SLLIS. This school is terribly ran by individuals who couldn't care less. The demographics are disgusting! The test scores are disgraceful and a direct result of the subpar education received. Unless you truly don't care about your child, don't go here. Consider yourself warned!! Seriously i'd rate 0 if I could.

Posted November 27, 2013
I need to write a review so that you're not fooled by the parents giving false praises. There are many promises made and very few are kept. The standards for admin and staff are very low. The discipline issues are out of control! The admin is not attentive. The after school programs being praused? They are offered at an outrageous cost. The many trips? That's laughable! The one field trip had a $15 charge along with it. The buses are unsafe. The staff is unavailable. The children are not being properly educated! The test scores will provide the proof needed. The diversity? Saying it's diverse is egregious! Just be very weary about this school. It's a poorly ran school with the scores and some reviews to reflect he facts

The French School 2

Posted October 30, 2013
After having a child attend this school from K-2 he has voiced that he is ready to leave this school. Kindergarten was the worst but I decided to give this school more time. My child has lots of friends and enjoys attending. His issue is that during these 2.5 years the teachers only speak in French as well as sending French homework that I have to assist with & he is not learning English. He said he wants to learn. I was very concerned when he entered 2nd grade as well as many at SLLIS without knowing how to read! The norm is its expected! Which I shouldn't have accepted! There are perks attending but SLLIS has put English learning responsibilities on parents since they teach in a different language. With that being written - I am researching a new school, my child wants to be on the academic level as other 7 yr olds I don't have a choice!

Posted May 11, 2013
This school deserves much more praise and recognition than provided in the few comments from disgruntled parents who pulled their children out. There are those of us whose kids have been in the school for several years now and are very pleased with the learning opportunity and environment this school provides. Speaking of the TFS, it is a loving caring place with a great curriculum (PYP) complemented by numerous and amazing field trips and a diverse after school program (including music, sport, etc). What we enjoy most is the welcoming environment (teachers are happy to talk to you at anytime, stop by the principal and he will invite you for a chat) and the diversity of the community, including children, parents, teachers and staff and an opportunity for social emotional growth that is hard to find in many other places. It is a school in its infancy, and along come the growing pains and some hiccups; however, problems are taken care of, ineffective teachers do not stay on board. Watching positive changes is encouraging and strengthens our belief in this great school and what s to come in the future. The children are happy, love to learn and care about each other.

Posted May 11, 2013
If you love flash cards and want to judge your 8-year old by a test score is not the school for you (and BTW (in TFS only about 17 inaugural kids having taken this test so far, so hardly telling for the school as a whole). If you want to raise happy children who are engaged in learning, are inquisitive and get the math and science rather than regurgitate answers for test prep, who are independent, caring and open to the world around them without being judgmental and love to go to school every day this is the school for you. We have observed some amazing academic accomplishments (not to mention the ability to communicate in a foreign language) and when you see 2nd graders hug one another in the hallway to provide encouragement and ease anxiety about going to the principal s office (because it really is not that bad ), you know things are going well.

Posted March 18, 2013
I currently have 2 children in attendance, I was very excited about their new start and experience, as time gose on I have found that to quickly demenish as my daughter was being bullied and nothing was done about it, even after speaking to the head of the school a number of time" I still find that to be an issue not only with the students but also with a staff. Their are serious discipline issues the lack of response and or correction from the staff and administration is horrible and very unprofessional!!!! There test scores are poor, very unorganized and no one seems to no whats going on, poor structure". The school needs to be reevaluated!! Perhaps the staff and administration also!

The French School 2

Posted January 06, 2013
We had a child at this school for two years and elected to leave. We were happy with the quality of both of our teachers while our child attended. We were not confident in the administration of the school or the actions, or lack thereof, to correct behavioral issues with some students in the school. The school seemed to be exclusionary of the parents and discourage parental involvement. That made us very uncomfortable and unwilling to allow our child to continue to attend the French School.

Posted November 03, 2012
Our son is in the 2nd grade and has been attending since Kindergarten. I'm very thrilled with his education so far. He is fluent in French and often seeks out opportunities to use his French in the real world. The teachers are wonderful and this year's teacher is particularly amazing. There's a lot of hands on learning and his endless questions are always answered in a way that encourages even more learning. These teachers really care about their students. He has built a lot of positive relationships with staff and other students. Until this year, we have had absolutely no issues with the school. We have found that the administration is attentive when issues (disciplinary in our case) arise. Leadership continues to work on improving the experience for students and parents, and I can see strides being made and truly respect that. Overall, our experience is quite positive and when my spouse was considering a job outside of St. Louis one of the biggest cons was leaving this school.

The French School
4011 Papin St, St. Louis, MO  63110
Last modified The French School is a Charter school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
The French School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top