PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

This school might have the best faculty of any school in the St. Charles County area! The teachers are a blessing to the students, parents and community as a whole.

This school has been such a blessing to me and my family. The teachers there live to see our children succeed and grow in their faith. Their teachers are truly called by a higher power with teaching, coaching, leading clubs, and before/after school tutoring sessions. The entire community has been so supportive and I could not imagine being anywhere else. Thank you!!!

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Two words: Authentic Relationships We trust our children here. They are not just taught and growing educationally, but are loved by caring teachers who live for these kids.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Recently Child of God has introduced a new school-wide program to help students learn how to lead a God-pleasing life in all that they say and do. In the past students would learn these life skills in religion class, D.A.R.E, and Habitudes (character education). All of these have been very successful, but they wanted to create a language and curriculum across the school. "Show your Shield" is their new character education that encourages students to show love, kindness, faithfulness, and self-control (all based on the fruits of the spirit). Throughout the school their are signs, expectations, and decorations that encourage students. Additionally, staff and teachers are able to give out shied tickets when a student is caught "showing their shield" which is entered in a weekly drawing and announced over the intercom.

Amazing staff and school environment. This school has been such a blessing to our entire family.

I am amazed and feel beyond blessed for my children to attend this school. The class sizes are small and the attention they receive is outstanding. They have grown and learned so much since they have started attending. I am amazed and feel like their time away from home is well spent.

I love COG! I have been here for 7 years and the last 2 years have been the most amazing! We have a fabulous principal, pastor, and teaching staff; we offer assistance with tuition & special needs. The students and parents are happy and love the Lord. It is so wonderful to walk down the halls and hear the little children singing praises to our God! Even in after school extended care I hear children singing the songs they have learned in class and chapel - what a BLESSING!! I am so blessed that God called me to work here in this happy atmosphere, where it like an extension of home and my own family!

Child of God is the third Lutheran school I have taught at and it is the school where I have seen first hand, the most commitment and care for every student in the school.. I feel blessed to be a part of this community that has each child's best interest at heart. Not only is their education important, but so are their spiritual lives as well. Everyone in the building from the support staff in the office to the principal and Pastor, has made it their mission to help each child succeed. Staff members work as a team to guide each child on their educational and spiritual journey. We are constantly seeking and learning new innovative ideas to help carry out this purpose. If I had young children, Child of God is the school I would want my children to learn and grow at.

I have been teaching for 5 years now and this is the 3rd school where I have taught. By far I have met some of the most supportive families, educated staff, and Christ-centered curriculum at Child of God. Teaching has been full of joy, laughter, and memories here.

Our children's school merged with another local school last summer. The merge was not a positive environment for our children. Before the merge, we didn't have a reason to consider another private school. Our experience with Child of God has been nothing but positive since we took the tour with the principal last summer. Our biggest concern was the curriculum since our kids came from a school with high standards and a hands-on environment. The curriculum has challenged our kids. We feel our kids are safe everyday. The teachers and staff know our kids by name, and our 5th grader is challenged in his class. Our kindergarterner is advancing well also. The kindergarterner is thriving in math! I feel this school is preparing our children very well for the future. We are very pleased.

Last modified Child of God Lutheran School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8