PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Zion exceeds expectations! I am a Zion parent and I would do whatever I had to in order to keep my child enrolled here. The staff really care about your children and go the extra mile. The children are nurtured and not just "managed." I see that another reviewer is a public school teacher, and I also happen to work in a public school. Let me tell you, the schools are miles apart in terms of atmosphere and quality. Classes are smaller, prayer and worship are part of life, staff know you and your children by name, children are well-rounded citizens who treat others with respect, and extra-curriculars can't be beat! From day one I've loved everything about this school and I would encourage anyone seeking a private school for their toddler-through-middle school aged children to give Zion serious consideration!

I am a public school teacher and knew that I wanted my child to attend a private, Christian school. After searching the area and going to multiple open houses, we chose Zion for the Parent's Day Out program and now, for Preschool. We happily drive out of our way for this excellent school. My daughter, only in Preschool, has been involved with a multi-step long term project. She has also excelled in her social skills and her writing and pre-reading skills. The teachers have set up blogs to make it easy for me to keep abreast of what is happening each day in the classroom. Because of this use of technology, it helps us feel like we are right there learning in her classroom, and really helps with our afterschool talks. Just yesterday my daughter came back telling me the Science Center came and did experiments and made snow in the classroom. I can't speak more highly of the academics and positivity in this school.

Simply the best. I could go on and on about Zion. Both of our kids went through Zion and then onto Lutheran High where both excelled. Lutheran High is the highest ACT high school in St. Charles County. Zion is a tough school but very fair. Teaches great studying discipline. A good amount of homework. Very caring, personable school. Our oldest is now in a doctorate program and the other first year in a tough program. Both were 4..0+ students and no question that their success in high school was tied to their early years. It is well worth the investment.

My child attends Zion's Parent's Day Out program and I have never had a concern about the safety of my child. I also find that the staff is always letting me know how my child is doing. I love that my child has fun at school and comes home singing songs about Jesus!

My child enjoys going to school in Zion's Parents' Day Out program, but I have some serious concerns about safety and daily communication with families concerning toddler daily activities. I've conveyed my concerns...and while they usually improve for a time, it happens again. Doors are left unlocked, and children are unsupervised.

Funny. That review about the church not allowing female pastors and elders is one of the things, among others, that tipped the scale for us TOWARD Zion. Zion was running dead even for us with another local Lutheran school. But that review told us that Zion is serious about God's word, whether we would make that choice or not. Zion believes that God is the final authority in our lives, not current cultural tastes. What a breath of fresh air! Our son attends Full Day K at Zion. Wow! We cannot imagine being more impressed with the school and with his teacher, the amazing Miss Limback! She truly has a gift from God for teaching and dealing with the little ones. We are thrilled with the school. The church is actually not quite traditional Lutheran enough for us, not that they're doing anything wrong, it's just not our preference. But, it's probably the most traditional LCMS big church w/ school in St Chas county... just a little too mod for us. Still... GREAT SCHOOL!!! Your kids will flourish there!

This is an excellent school. We transferred to Zion after sending our kids to another Lutheran School in the area. It is an incredible learning environment with Christian values. The teachers are superb and really work the the children to make learning fun!. The principle is dynamic and a role model to all children. We can't be happeir!

Last modified Zion Lutheran School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8